Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Deerstand Vandals

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:47 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deerstand Vandals

I tell you I have about had it with these deer stand vandals!! Every year my stand gets destroyed, the walls on it are gone every year and it is a real pain in the cheeks to always have to fix it. Then to add insult to injury they poop on the floor of my stand before they leave!!! I tell you I SWEAR TO ALL THAT IS HOLEY I WILL KILL THE PERPITRATOR IF I EVER SEE THEM EVEN NEAR MY DEER STAND!!!!!! In the mean time I had to break down and try using treated plywood. Hopefully that will work; it’s worked on the roof and the floor….

Here are some pics of what they have done.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...86554540oayLwj
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...86554739wkDISD
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...86555170cvpiZU

I also have pics of my stand after I got done fixing it AGAIN!!! Listed under “stand”
http://community.webshots.com/album/486545634pOZykf/1

Old 10-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

vandalism #1
vandalism #2
vandalism #3

repairs

Hope you catch them "little prics".

Old 10-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know just what you mean. Had it happen 2 yrs ago. First they stole a good buck I had shot then tore our stand down. It was "locals" who didnt want us around "their" hunting spot. If we added up all the time and labor and gas we spent to put these stands together we where out between thousands of dollars. Hope you catch them. Pics of tore down deer stands

Old 10-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Okie,

comparing your damage to the other pics, it appears that your damage was done by the 2-legged type vandal. Look closer at firemedic's pic titles and you'll see the significance, if any, of my reference to those "little prics".

Either way, I hope both of you guys can catch whoever did this.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Range Rover

Ouch, that hurts. Lucky for me my vandals just had teeth.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Oh.. my... God. If someone did that to my stands.....

Old 11-01-2005, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider

I had a tree stand stolen once. I think I know who took it but can't prove it. If I ever catch them with it I guarintee it will be a painfull walk home for them.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Range Rover

A deersatand in North Dokota? How do you work that? A lottery to se who gets to put their stand up in the states one tree? Or do you just strap it to a poweer pole?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

Looking at these pictures just makes my Blood BOIL!!!!
What a bunch of scum bags. I guess in their punnie little minds they think they are protecting Bambi. They grew up whatching to much Disney movies. I've yet to see a problem like this around my area cause almost everyone hunts and theirs trees everywhere and lots of deer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2005, 12:38 PM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure was sad to see the pics! My son & I have had a few stands stolen and 2 destroyed. Got bigger chains & padlocks. Got tired of the expensive feeders getting stolen/vandalized. Went to the home made feeders gravity fed made out of PVC pipe 4 inch and bigger works great. We camped out last year with our cell phones,4 wheelers and pistols, caught 2 vandals/theives,lowlifes,tresspassers. Called 911 first, waited till we heard the sirens and made citizens arrest. Gotta be careful though!!!! Went to court they lost their 4 wheelers (Public Auction) , had to pay fines,lost their hunting privelages for 1 year. So far we have had noooo more problems! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Deerstand Vandals