ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Hunting, Trapping, Game Management (https://atvconnection.com/forums/hunting-trapping-game-management/)
-   -   Has anybody ever run over anything on an atv? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/hunting-trapping-game-management/229836-has-anybody-ever-run-over-anything-atv.html)

89exrider 02-04-2006 12:02 PM

Has anybody ever run over anything on an atv?

I was wondering if any of you guys have ever run over an animal on an atv? Because my friend has run over a squirrel, and i was wondering if this is very common.

LIL57JON 02-04-2006 02:09 PM

I came within inches of nailing a sno shoe rabbit this fall, and most of my group has had deer jump out in front of them, or be standing in the trail and don't move until you are right up next to them. But so far unsucessful at having any roadkill. I would bet a deer would put a hurtin on yuh.

Webopper 02-04-2006 03:00 PM

Originally posted by: LIL57JON
I came within inches of nailing a sno shoe rabbit this fall, and most of my group has had deer jump out in front of them, or be standing in the trail and don't move until you are right up next to them. But so far unsucessful at having any roadkill. I would bet a deer would put a hurtin on yuh.
Hitting a deer at speed would ruin your day, that's for sure.

I have hit allot of jackrabbits. Freakin things are all over the place out here, and you can't miss them. Good thing is I hardly feel it. Have also hit quail and dove. Quail will sit on the trail and dare you to run them over. Dove will just fly right into ya, and not pay any attention at all.

Ginnis 02-04-2006 03:05 PM

I hit a groundhog this past summer. I was coming down a hill and didnt see it, I didn't even feel it, but my buddy was laughing his head off, he said it just rolled down the hill and waddled away. lol Then, I go down in my field and chase deer around at night, that's alot of fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

quadracer325 02-04-2006 10:27 PM

I've hit quit a few groundhogs, and one possum, never killed any of them. I hit a robin (bird) on my quadracer, actually it hit my helmet, it didn't make it. Last year I hit a small doe while riding a 450R Honda, a couple of us were racing and she jumped right off the bank in front of me. Hit her and sorta ramped off her as we hit (lucky for me). It broke both her back legs so I had to finish her off so she did not suffer. I was pretty worried when I seen her, knowing I had just shifted into 5th.

whaleedited 02-04-2006 10:40 PM

I missed a turtle (about the size of a dinner plate) with my honda 200x(back in the old days)
But I looked back in time to see my friend hit it.He tried to miss it and just clipped it with the back tire,it shot off into the woods like a frisbee.

okiedude 02-05-2006 01:59 AM

Myself.....dont ask!

Slinger 02-05-2006 02:49 PM

In two consecutive trips through the front gate, I annihilated two of my Dad's roosting hens. He just shook his head and said, "Man, you're hell on my chickens." The stupid things would actually run up under the bike when I drove through.

I also have put the squoosh on a few poisonous snakes I see in the road. I dodge the nonpoisonous ones.

cjroberts 02-05-2006 03:43 PM

I've ran over a 500 lb steer moving some cattle. The steer tryed to run away so I got on the throttle and chased him down only having him stop sooner than I expected. The 4-wheeler knocked him down and went right over the top. Wish I would've had a video camera to send in to Americas Funniest Videos. Steer got right back up and then decided not to mess around.

9000 02-05-2006 03:48 PM

i hit a groundhog once it was standing on its back legs and i decided to try to hit it i figured it would fun but it didnt i killed it i just barley hit a deer once in my field but not hard enough to kill it or hurt me