Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

List of must have things needed to carry on trail rides?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List of must have things needed to carry on trail rides?

Originally posted by: xFreebirdx
Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
Originally posted by: MotoF150
... get totally knocked out drunk then ride ur ATV home without worring about getting a DUI and losing ur drivers licence? ...
You don't think you can get a DUI if you were caught riding your ATV?? Don't know what the laws are down there, but it'll still hit you up here.

You receive a lot of greif for your posts on this forum. I was starting to feel a bit bad for you, but you've blown any chance of respect from me and most other forum members with this post.

Odds are fellas that he won't be in the gene pool a whole lot longer ..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'll second that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As for me the must haves are:
plenty of water
cell phone
biodegradable TP (just in case)
tire repair kit

Old 11-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry if I spoke out of turn with my comment dragging the other forum members in ... just the plain idiocy of moto's post this time was more than I could really take ...

Old 11-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
Sorry if I spoke out of turn with my comment dragging the other forum members in ... just the plain idiocy of moto's post this time was more than I could really take ...
Don't be sorry...his comment is pretty dumb and it shows he couldn't give a damn about our sport. I'm guess this clown is either a pimple face teen with no life trying to get a rise or some left wing tree hugging wack job trying another angle at giving our sport a black eye. Either way, there isn't much room for toloerance of these types and if ignored they'd probably just go away. Though it's not alwasy easy to ignore such wanna bees.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

and another thing I always ride with:

my wallet with driver license, medical insurance card, and the works
also make sure I always have some cash on me...not sure why just seems like a good idea and in the case of an extreme...ummm shall we say emergency... and I run out of TP well...you get the picture.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2006, 05:36 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe if some of you guys would drink more and get drunk you would mellow out and be happier! Everybody I know and I don't know that owns and rides a ATV either takes beer with them or rides their ATV to a bar, its common around where I live. Around here men are real men, real men are NOT afraid of their wifes or afraid to face a wife when they come home drunk. On any Sunday afternoon drive around here and every backroad bar you will see a group of ATV's parked in the parking lot. The cops cannot charge you with a DUI unless ur riding ur ATV on, or crossing a road. There are soo many good hard working people here that are losing their drivers licence cause of DUI's, these guys need their drivers licence to drive to work to do their job and pay taxes and be productive members of soceity. I know a business that services and installs truck tires, all his truck drivers were charged with a DUI, if they can't drive they can't drive the trucks owned by the business, so they are out of a job and that business is outta business! Tell me? is that fair? when you have a business that has work and workers that are able to work, why should they be stopped? These guys that own ATV's get drunk, they keep their ATV off the roads and the next day they go to their jobs and work hard, pay taxes, put bacon on the table and be good, productive members of soceity. They are doing no harm to anybody!

Old 11-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Pro Rider

i have been a firefighter for years and part of our job is Jaws of Life work at motor vehicle accidents. i can give you very graphic detail of the harm drunk drivers do. when you have to scrape up what is left of someone and hose the rest off the road because of somebody driving home after "a few beers" you realize those clips on TV are right. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE ANYTHING.

and here, the ticket is "operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated" and can be given anywhere, anytime, private property or not.

MONTY

Old 11-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Maybe if some of you guys would drink more and get drunk you would mellow out and be happier! Everybody I know and I don't know that owns and rides a ATV either takes beer with them or rides their ATV to a bar, its common around where I live. Around here men are real men, real men are NOT afraid of their wifes or afraid to face a wife when they come home drunk. On any Sunday afternoon drive around here and every backroad bar you will see a group of ATV's parked in the parking lot. The cops cannot charge you with a DUI unless ur riding ur ATV on, or crossing a road. There are soo many good hard working people here that are losing their drivers licence cause of DUI's, these guys need their drivers licence to drive to work to do their job and pay taxes and be productive members of soceity. I know a business that services and installs truck tires, all his truck drivers were charged with a DUI, if they can't drive they can't drive the trucks owned by the business, so they are out of a job and that business is outta business! Tell me? is that fair? when you have a business that has work and workers that are able to work, why should they be stopped? These guys that own ATV's get drunk, they keep their ATV off the roads and the next day they go to their jobs and work hard, pay taxes, put bacon on the table and be good, productive members of soceity. They are doing no harm to anybody!

We work hard, but we're not stuck on STUPID. Dude, it's unsafe and like I said before safety first. I'd hate to see a 911 call come in and go out and see one of your buddies wrap his atv around a tree. Leave the beer at the campsite or at home and wait until you're done riding. It's only common sense. It's the type of people that gets our trails taken away by being STUPID, and it makes all of the atv community look bad.
They are doing harm to other people. What if a innocent family was out riding enjoying themselves and one of buddies runs into them and hurt them badly. Will that wake you up to reality? and the state that you live in takes your trails away all because of one serious accident?

Old 11-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

... I know a business that services and installs truck tires, all his truck drivers were charged with a DUI, if they can't drive they can't drive the trucks owned by the business, so they are out of a job and that business is outta business! Tell me? is that fair? when you have a business that has work and workers that are able to work, why should they be stopped? These guys that own ATV's get drunk, they keep their ATV off the roads and the next day they go to their jobs and work hard, pay taxes, put bacon on the table and be good, productive members of soceity. They are doing no harm to anybody!
Is that fair?? You're GD right it's fair. Tell me MotoF150 ... if one of your DUI Buddies got into an accident while drunk and killed your kid/wife/mother/father because they were not capable of safely operating a vehicle, do you think it's fair that those people dear to you lost their LIVES, not just their f|_|cking jobs, because of one persons stupid actions?

If I thought you were stupid from your first post, this followup just hammers it home. I hope to hell that you never have to deal with the aftermath of a drunk-driving accident.

And FYI Moto ... a REAL MAN has a sense of responsibility to his family, friends and general community. I feel sorry for you dude, that you think that drunk driving and putting yourself and others at risk makes you manly. It just makes you an idiot.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

I was talking about it does nobody any harm when a drunk is riding his ATV offroad, thru the woods. What do you guys care if he wrecks if he only did harm to himself? I thought some of you guys were fun, not sticks in the mud.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Does nobody any harm?? What about the man's family? What about his friends out riding with him? What about others in the community who may be counting on him for things?

A beer or two on the trail is one thing. Going and getting plastered and then riding off taking a damn good chance of wrecking and either killing oneself or rendering oneself disabled and unable to work/contribute to society is something else. Responsible adults have fun on the trails, and retire to the cabin/camp/home to tip a few. Idiots get hammered on the trail and selfishly damage our sport and take needless risks with their lives and the lives of those around them.

I'm done with this now. You and your like are obviously not able to comprehend the foolishness of your actions. I can only hope you get caught at it before you do yourself or someone else a greivous harm.

Quick Reply: List of must have things needed to carry on trail rides?