Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

List of must have things needed to carry on trail rides?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List of must have things needed to carry on trail rides?

Something else it's wise to take on trail rides: either with you on the machine or on a different machine .. take a buddy. Buddies come in handy in troublesome spots!

Old 11-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MotoF150
I was talking about it does nobody any harm when a drunk is riding his ATV offroad, thru the woods.
What harm does it do if he wrecks? Let me tell you what harm it does. I was in the hospital recovering from surgery when late one night they brought me a room mate. He had crashed his quad while drunk. He was still drunk when they brought him into my room. He cursed the staff, tried to walk aroud the unit naked and caused the nursing staff extra work. And in a world where hospitals are short staffed, they don't need this type of individual to look after. It got to the point where they had to move him to a single room where a nurse had to look after him. One nirse had to spend all of their time looking after one drunk patient, insteat of the normal number. Meaning other nurses had to increase their patient load, and therefore, patient safety decreased. His stupidity affected many more lives than he had the right to affect.

I don't know if he had insurance or not, but many times people that engage in this type of behavior do not. A hospital cannot refuse to help someone without insurance so the hospital many times has to eat the bill. This results in less money available for other activities in the hospital. Like buying new equipment that helps save lives. Small hospitals are much more affected by this than large ones. And the small hospital is where you are likely to first be sent if you have a quad accident in the woods. Wouldn't it be sad if that small hospital could not save your life, or the life of a loved one, because of to much charity care for drunks prohibited them from buying the equipment needed in their ER to help save lives.

A friend of mine dated a girl whose brother was run over by a drunk driver. What right did that drunk driver have to kill that person? If you want to drink, do it at home, sitting on a couch where you cannot kill anyone else. Most times druks walk away from the accident, it's the innocent people who pay the price.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Other posters have covered the lunacy of Moto's recent posts here so I won't get into that.

Please do not ignore bad posts. Irresponsible types often give advice that has not been thought out and could cause others to damage or destroy themselves, others or property. They have the ability to suggest solutions that are expensive and often not necessary as well. Posters of this sort, rather because they are trolls, malicious or just stupid need to be called to task and good advice given.

We all make mistakes and sometimes give advice that may not be the best but some have a constant habit of this.

Don't ignore bad posts. You are not doing others on the forum a favor by doing so. JMO

Old 11-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.

It looks to me like Moto is the consumate expert at rattling cages. He sure set up the straight men to make a point--go easy on the beer.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:50 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: montyh
i have been a firefighter for years and part of our job is Jaws of Life work at motor vehicle accidents. i can give you very graphic detail of the harm drunk drivers do. when you have to scrape up what is left of someone and hose the rest off the road because of somebody driving home after "a few beers" you realize those clips on TV are right. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE ANYTHING.

and here, the ticket is "operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated" and can be given anywhere, anytime, private property or not.

MONTY
Well, not saying driving with is buzz is safe, but you should also mention how many accidents are also caused by people that just don't understand how to drive safely, or the fricken people swerving around the road because they have a cell phone attached to their ear.
I know people that can drive better drunk than many people drive sober and way better than idiots with cell phones. I know some people can also drive safe with a cell phone, but there are so many that can't. I think it's just as bad as drunk driving and I think if driving after having a few beers is illegal, than driving while using a cell phon should be illegal.
In Germany, driving while using a cell phone is illegal and because of it, the drivers are so much more aware. the other thing that no one seems to use anymore is their turn signals.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

NLWarrior01, couldnt agree more. Its unsafe and foolish to drink and drive any vehical. those ppl just make it harder for the rest of us to enjoy the trails.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm a newbie ATV'er but his is what I carry:

Extra fuel
Oil
Anti-freeze
Spare belt and the tools to change it.
Tire plugs
Small 12v air compressor
nylon sling
****** block
rope
drinks
lunch
first aid kit

Old 04-28-2013, 10:21 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Beer and Ice . Tow ropes unfortunately come in handy more then we want.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:23 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by ryryviper
NLWarrior01, couldnt agree more. Its unsafe and foolish to drink and drive any vehical. those ppl just make it harder for the rest of us to enjoy the trails.
Where we ride there are no other people. If anyone gets hurt over a beer it will only be one of us. We don,t go 50 miles into the bush into the middle of no where and play with the same road rules as in town.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 PM
rv
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MotoF150
beer, I ride with a group of guys that all carry a giant cooler filled with beer, I swear every 5 mins of riding they stop to drink beer, then when they finish all the beer we take the back roads to an outta the way bar and drink more beer. Tell me? Does life get any better than when you can use back roads and a trail and ride ur ATV to a bar then get totally knocked out drunk then ride ur ATV home without worring about getting a DUI and losing ur drivers licence? If ur ATV breaks down or gets stuck you won't care cause ur too drunk to care about anything.
sounds familiar i have friends just like that ,one of them will not buy a machine if it does not hold a 24 in the storage compartment.