Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

i cant get my truck out of a mud hole stuck bad

Old 11-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i cant get my truck out of a mud hole stuck bad

Best bet is a trip to the local farm or industrial equipment store for heavy duty ****** blocks, block and tackles, chains, spools of cable and related rigging gear. Pick up a couple of hi-lift jacks while you're at it and a bunch of cribbing. Survey the situation and construct a properly anchored and thought out rigging using mechanical advantage and the cribbing to lift the vehicle out of the mud if possible before pulling it. Trying to use brute force is just going to bend and break both stuck and the recovery vehicles as well as increase the possibility of people getting hurt. Lots of force being generated and if something breaks loose it can be deadly.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

i guess i am at an advantage i got an 835 4wd versatile tractor at my disposal. we did get stuck that bad before with a pickup and here is how we got it out. first we tried endlessly to pull it out straight and it wouldn't budge, so i told everyone that on the farm i learned that if you pull something straight on it takes about twice the horsepower to pull something out. so what we did is pull it at a slight angle and it breaks the suction and it will crawl out. BEWARE doing this could potentially twist your frame so i wouldn't go at an extreme angle but just a slight one. some people may be against this but desperate times call for desperate measures. oh btw we used a tow truck then we had to chain a one ton pickup to the front of the towtruck to keep the front end down.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

You can use two chains and two 3 feet logs for the tractor. Strap the chains through the tractors rear rims and around the log on the front of each side of the rear tires of the tractor , then in low you should be able to use the tractor to lift its self up out of its ruts then use additional logs to make a type of bridge untill you are out of the ruts. Good luck

Old 03-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: wolfman111471
You can use two chains and two 3 feet logs for the tractor. Strap the chains through the tractors rear rims and around the log on the front of each side of the rear tires of the tractor , then in low you should be able to use the tractor to lift its self up out of its ruts then use additional logs to make a type of bridge untill you are out of the ruts. Good luck
Using this trick to get out of the mud is dangerous to say the least if you try to go forward with the tractor. This is very apt to lift the front end and cause the tractor to flip over backwards way faster than you can put on the brakes to stop it. If you must use logs and chain put the tractor in reverse which will still lift it out of the mud but hold the front end down. This is also an easy way to ruin a clutch or tear out the final drive in the rearend.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stuck my tractor down to the axle in a swamp behind my house,and I used a chain fall hooked to a tree and used reverse in the tractor to pull it out.It wasn't easy,but a little work and a lot of luck it will work.