Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Best racks for icefishing equip?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best racks for icefishing equip?????

I'm tired of the pain of mounting my power auger on the front rack with bungee cords. Whats the best brackets on the market to make this an easier proposition?

I'm also thinking of a rack made by Ryan for the rear that will mount my one man collapsable shanty on the rear. Anybody familiar with it? Or any other suggestions so I can mount the shanty on the Yamaha Griz and still get it into the back of my shortbed GMC and close the tailgate?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

I found the HD gun racks work great as an auger rack.As far as a rack for your 1 man,buy a replacement sled for you shack and mount ot off the back of your rack. I used 2x4's but recomend going with 2x8's to stiffen it up a bit. Works great to keep your shack in place and also doubles a a great place to carry other gear when not carrying the shack.
I mounted a storage box to carry my gear. I have pics if you want.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

I'd love to see some pics if ya don't mind. Gotta come up with something better than dragging it all over the rough ice at crawl speed.....thanks

Old 03-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

Text

if this dont work, how do I post pics here?

Old 03-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Range Rover

Last year I built a plywood box for my ice fishing gear. I did some measuring so that I could put all my
ice traps in and my ice scoop, and small tackle box. On each end I raised the sides maybe 10 additional
inches, and cut out each to fit my ice auger perfectly. I bolt my box to the rack on my Griz, then put all
my equip inside by lifting a hinged top. Once everything is inside I put my auger on. A couple of bungees
and its ready to roll. When I drive on the ice everything I need is on the Griz, and in its own place. My
ice bucket fits neatly between two of those plastic milk crates. Its a good rig and if you take the time
to build one it will serve for years.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

you cant post a pic like you would on other forums, just link the image via the HTTP icon above the 'text input field' people will have to click it to see the pic.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

I installed a Mad Dog auger carrier on my explorer front rack, works great, SOLID. Good product. I had a smaller shelter, always had problems loading it on the wheeler. So...I purchased a Clam Voyageur/tow bar/slides. Simply awesome! Just hook it up and go, very little set up/down time. Then again there is no way I could get my wheeler and house in my truck so I use the trailer. I've heard good things about ryan racks.