ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Hunting, Trapping, Game Management (https://atvconnection.com/forums/hunting-trapping-game-management/)
-   -   Law Abiding gun owners... Protect Your Rights! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/hunting-trapping-game-management/348165-law-abiding-gun-owners-protect-your-rights.html)

beergut 12-17-2012 07:14 AM

Law Abiding gun owners... Protect Your Rights!

No one thinks the massacre in Newtown, Ct was anything less than horrific- an act carried out by a coward- a lowlife sub-human who dished out his hatred of life on the pure innocent souls of twenty little children and six adults. But... as tragic as this incident was, we can't lose focus on the real issues! Preventing honest, law abiding Americans access to their right to own and carry firearms is NOT going to make these incidents go away! DO NOT let anti-gun activists use this horrific event as leverage!

Below is a link that will take you to a white house petition. This petition is there to ensure our rights as law abiding and compassionate citizens to own guns is protected. Please go, join and sign the petition.

Limiting our rights is not the answer!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...paign=shorturl

MooseHenden 12-17-2012 10:52 AM

The liberals have a saying. "Don't let any tragedy go unused." For them, this was a way to get gun control on the table. Of course, they could care less that the gun didn't jump off the table, run down the school, and kill those innocent kids. This was, simply, the cowardly act of a punk who wanted to take out his frustrations on anybody he could. It goes beyond reasoning. It's pure evil.

user493 12-17-2012 04:22 PM

The tv show American Guns was cancelled because of this shooting. The antis were saying things like the show makes owning guns seem fun and normal. I say it IS fun and normal. Screw the antis.

PRAIRIEOUTLAW 12-18-2012 08:32 AM

Well, I'm a teacher myself as is my wife and many others in my family. I personally say they are all idiots for thinking that they can stop people from killing others by making laws. If they really want to know what the problem is they should visit a school once in a while and see what comes there. Most of these kids have no raising at home. Don't get me wrong I love my job, and wouldn't consider doing anything different because it is the ONLY way I can make a difference, but parents have no idea how to raise kids anymore.
I was watching CNN last night to see what kind of crap they would have on about gun control and its bad that they can get some English fool (Piers Morgan) up there to say that Britian doesn't have these problem because guns are illegal in Britan. Yea right!
My point is, ever hear of Timothy Mcvey and Oklahoma City? He didn't use a single gun and he killed way more people. (Lets outlaw fertilizer..) What about 911? Guns weren't the cause of that either. (Lets outlaw aircraft)
I don't own an assault rifle and probably never will, but if people give in on this then what is next, my handgun, because you know the idiots that do this stuff are just going to find something else to use.
OK ranting is over, but I tell ya its a shame when people are too stupid to wake up and see that the problem is right in thier own homes. Raise your kids like you are suppose to and stop blaming everything on mental problems and givin the kids medicine because they can't sit still all the time. Spare the rod and spoil the child. Sometimes kids are not suppose to like thier parents, hince the word parent, not friend. I know after I started teaching I called my dad one day and said thank you for all the butt whoopings you gave me.
He still laughs about that till today....

OK now ranting is over... LOL!
Oh by the way thanks for the link to the petition. Got it signed along with several others that deal with guns ect...

beergut 12-18-2012 08:52 AM

email from GOAL (gun owners action league)-

:mad:

Hi Everyone,Good news! It looks like we will hit the 25,000 signatures needed on our Whitehouse.gov petition that will require President Obama or his staff to answer.
Bad news! It won't matter that much. The anti-gun petition is being fueled by the mainstream media and is up over 160,000 signatures. It is a record for the petition system since it began. The second place petition is also anti-gun and currently has over 30,000 signatures. You guys couldn't even beat the also ran.
Bad news #2! While over 60,000 of you clicked into the petition website page yesterday (yes, we count), only 20,000 of you signed the petition. We understand your need for privacy, but the government already knows who you are. They scan in all of your 4473 forms! ARE YOU GOING TO STAND OR ARE YOU GOING TO TRY TO HIDE?
Over 1350 websites linked to our petition today, but it just isn't good enough. We need the major firearm manufacturers to post the link in their Facebooks, and that means you need to go post it on all of their Facebook pages. Many of them have fans in excess of a quarter million. WILL YOU ALL BE SILENT WHILE NANCY AND HARRY SALIVATE OVER OUR GUN RIGHTS?

NEWS FLASH: The NRA shut down their 1.7 million strong Facebook page today. This petition is the only pro-gun petition in the running. The Whitehouse petition site may not be the perfect place to plead the case of the law abiding American gun owner, but it is all we have.
GunsAmerica is only one website. We email over 700,000 subscribers, but it isn't enough against a media barrage from every major network and online outlet, reaching into the tens of millions. If you have a website with readers, a blog, anything, please link it directly to the petition page on the Whitehouse website. Do not link to the GunsAmerica Blog page. The full letter is not what matters now. It is purely that number that matters, and if we can get it up to 50,000 today Drudge will probably pick it up. It is our only hope to have a voice in this discussion.
It is up to us to do the heavy lifting through these first few days. Please sign the peition, and help out if you can.

TLC 12-18-2012 09:05 AM

Being from Canada and a hunter I was wondering why a gun like this is for sale (This is the one used in that shooting)

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/defau...aster223_0.jpg

Whats the two 30 round clips for ? Faster reloading incase that deer is still charging at you after the first 30 round clip missed the mark ? LOL

My Remington 870 holds 5 shell but up here its illegal to put more then 3 in it at one time.
I asked why at my gun course and the instructor said if I can,t kill the bird in 3 shots then 500 more shots would not do you any good. LOL

scootergptx 12-18-2012 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by TLC (Post 3156651)
Being from Canada and a hunter I was wondering why a gun like this is for sale (This is the one used in that shooting)

Because people like me live in Texas and know the government doesn't mind sending fully automatic weapons across the mexican border.

Good price on that though.

beergut 12-18-2012 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by TLC (Post 3156651)

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/defau...aster223_0.jpg

Whats the two 30 round clips for ? Faster reloading incase that deer is still charging at you after the first 30 round clip missed the mark ? LOL

My Remington 870 holds 5 shell but up here its illegal to put more then 3 in it at one time.
I asked why at my gun course and the instructor said if I can,t kill the bird in 3 shots then 500 more shots would not do you any good. LOL

Well- how many shots would you like available if you were being charged by a grizzly instead of a bird or a deer? 3 shots? 10 shots? 30 shots? ;)

You may know this, but many people don't realize there is zero difference, mechanically speaking, between a labeled "assault" rifle and a "hunting rifle- it's simply aesthetics- just arbitrary bolt-on plastic hand guards that make a rifle barrel & stock look different. Some models are manual loading bolt action and some are semi-auto.

People uneducated in firearms and that are looking for immediate relief (even if it is irrelevant) are calling for gun control- because they see a .223 bushmaster rifle in the hands of a monster (among other firearms) Why not ban a .308 or a 30-06 hunting rifle that holds the same amount of rounds and makes a .223 round look like a BB in comparison! Simply because it looks different? because a hunting rifle has a wooden stock and forearm? :crazy:
My grandfather owned a semi-auto .308 hunting rifle- and it's far more powerful than a .223 AR-15.

All AR-15 style rifles are sold with 5 round clips (in this state anyway)- no different than any hunting rifle or shotgun- and pistols are sold with a clip that only holds a max of 7 rounds. You can buy large capacity clips for any rifle / handgun at any gun show across america without any license to carry. Here in Mass, we're issued class "A" high-capacity license to carry- What people do with their 30 round clips- I dunno... I personally don't have any use for a 30 round clip as a civilian- But do you really think there would be much difference if a killer had to take 1 second to reload a magazine? I don't think so.

The only similarity between a military M-16A2 .223 "Assault Rifle"and a civilian style Bushmaster .223 AR-15 is that they are both black and have a.223 caliber barrel- the military M-16 has a totally different lower receiver, bolt & auto-loading gas system- and fires the .223 round in 3-round bursts or semi-auto compared to the civilian model that only fires semi-auto.

There's more ignorance in the media as well- I heard a reporter saying all the killer had to do was "pull the trigger once to kill 20 children" - which isn't the case- every round required a trigger pull, as it wasn't a fully automatic rifle. Which is no comfort- but it shows a lack of focus on what the real issue is.... mental capacity to deal with human emotions and the lack of assistance these mentally ill people and their caretakers get from the insurance companies here in America.

I find it ironic- that the american health system does not take mental health as necessary as physical trauma- yet... it's humans progression in mental evolution and cognitive reasoning that allowed us to emerge from caves :huh:

you'd think they'd place a greater importance on mental health than they currently do...?

PRAIRIEOUTLAW 12-18-2012 10:05 AM

This is not a pure hunting rifle. I'm sure people have shot deer with it, but most people that have them participate in tactical shooting sports or just enjoy shooting something other than an 870. Like I posted earlier, I personally don't have an assault rifle, and probably won't buy one even if they do remain legal, but the point is, if they ban one gun whats to stop them from banning others? Bans only hurt people that are legal and law abiding. They are targeting the AR15 because they say it is capable of doing so much damage in close quarters. Has anyone ever seen what a 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot can do and most hold like 5 rounds and take no time to reload. One of these sawed off could have done the same damage to that classroom. These were very young children and women. No one to stop him from reloading. With that being said, whats to stop them from banning shotguns or handguns?

Mike Huckabee was on the other night. He said people were talking about there not being a law about mass killings and charging underage people as adults, and he said something that I really liked. He said, yes there is its called "thou shall not kill".

I don't mean this as a jab at you or your country, but maybe in Canada your governement isn't run by a group of people that are too politically correct to admit the real problem. I dont know, but I do know that the guns are not the problem, people that don't have respect for human life and have always had something to blame are the problem.

I say cut out the bull crap and admit the problem Americans.

TLC 12-18-2012 11:30 AM

I dont know, but I do know that the guns are not the problem, people that don't have respect for human life and have always had something to blame are the problem.
But I,m sure the body count would be lower with a 5 round clip bolt action when that person does blow a nut.

We do have M16s in Canada but I think there locked up on some Army base along with the grenades and flame throwers.