Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 05:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hi guys just saying hello.

I have a had a Kazuma Jag 500 for about 8 years now and it's been really good some of the ancillaries failed, started solenoid and charging regulator, and a couple of other things however nothing major until recently when it just stopped, and it was a carb problem. Now I am a bit of a mechanic ( have a Supra 823HP ) modified it myself, anyway I cleaned that carb 100 times but it was done so I saw an advert for the Ecotrons fuel injection system, so I bought it and fitted it ( took a weekend ) and I really did not think it would work first time. I loaded the map they gave me for a 500cc engine, and that thing fired up right away and idles sweet too, just a bit fast for getting into gear but I can lower it later.
Just thought I would let you know.

Chris

Old 03-16-2017, 06:38 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow, never heard of anyone adding fuel injection to a Chinese quad. Makes sense. Anythings better than the Chinese quads.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Maybe a Chinese Quad but mine has a Kawasaki engine.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:21 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Chris21: Welcome to the ATV Connection. I found your story about your ATV interesting. It is immensely gratifying when you take on a project like that and have it work on the first turn of the key. Great job. I remember overhauling a couple of sports car engines and how great it was when they started up as planned.

It sounds like you have had good luck with your quad. And I wonder if your Supra is the last generation, like 1994 or so. I always admired those sports cars. They are quite the collector item now.

David

Old 03-16-2017, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, yeah I have had good luck as I know some of the Chinese Quads are badly made. A bunch of us from my company got together and we brought in a container load about 20 units, mine was the only Kazuma Jag all the others were smaller units and mine is the only one still running ha ha.
I was also luck with my Supra I have a late model (facelift model) from Japan 2001 with the VVTi engine and fitted the single Turbo, it's a Monster!!

Chris

Old 03-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, you have a very rare Supra indeed! I traded my Honda S2000 for my new ATV. Now is the first time in 40 years I don't have a sports car in the garage. But on to new adventures here in Colorado.

My career was in manufacturing. Any factory in any country can make poor product. The outfit I worked for purchased a factory in the interior of China. I visited there in 1996. I met some great people, and I observed employees following their process. I also observed hard working folks who were paid so much less than the same work in the USA. But a communist country provides food, clothing and a dorm. We had to bribe the local officials to get enough electricity to add another heat treat furnace. A Chinese quad does not mean a bad product unless it was designed poorly, or the manufacturing process is not systematic. Lots of the stuff we buy anymore is made in China. I visited a Komatsu factory in China and would have to say it was "world class", very good indeed.

You're going to be a fun member of these Forums.

David