Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

Help on a Coolster ATV.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on a Coolster ATV.

Need help on a Chinese "Coolster" ATV. I lost my kill switch remote to unlock the ATV. It will not start. The green light for neutral is on. The handle kill switch is off. I depress the brake handle and push the red thumb crank button and nothing happens at all. need help bypassing it, i guess. Anyone know? Thanks.

Last edited by Danbie8; 05-07-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Add more.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi and welcome. Hopefully one of the experts in these machines will help you out. Maybe the starting circuits are rather the same on these machines. I don't know what a "kill switch remote" is that you report as lost.

Is there any other "safety switches or sensors" present on the machine, such as "operator in the seat" safety switch like my tractor had?

And you will have to verify you have at least 12.5 volts across your battery, the connections are clean and tight, and that the starter actually runs and has not seized for some reason. And you have to test the all important solenoid.

I'm sure others will chime in and be of more help that I can be.

David

Old 05-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found my key fob "unlock button" remote. Didn't help.. I'll recheck everything.