Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New from MN

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from MN

Hey guys, good to be here.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:31 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:53 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums!

Old 12-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from Colorado. I lived in Minnesota Twin Cities area for 27 years. We loved it, and we love Colorado. Moved here for family reasons. I have a Can Am Outlander Max and I enjoy riding mountain trails with a couple of friends. I also plow snow with my Outlander.

Tell us a little about yourself and your ATV interest.

David

Old 12-13-2017, 12:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from MN

I'm up in the iron range. Just got a plow on the polaris magnum a few hours ago. It's the first time in my 35 years that I didn't have to plow snow by hand. Love it love it love it! Working on atv is new thing for me, so the pride I have today from installing all the mounts , winch and plow is indescribable. I must add,that it didn't happen in one day though. I don't have the luxury of a garage or shelter, all this work has been going on for the last month in the cold snow. I keep a tarp on the rig to keep it clean but that's about it. This winter I got 100 knocked off my rent to keep the parking lot plowed, so I said to myself no excuses. Put your gear on and get it done. The challenge made it that much more rewarding. Along with a bit more testicular fortitude to work in the cold MN winter. I didn't know up or down about this but learned as I went. Now I'm starring at the driveway wishing it would snow again.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been too long since I've heard "iron range". Brings back fond memories. Same with working outdoors in the cold. And yes, we Minnesotans wished for more snow, especially for skiing, snowmobiling, and the other winter activities.

Good job on mounting your snowplow yourself. It is satisfying to complete a hard job. That is one of the fun of the ATV hobby. ATVs always need something mechanical. Doing it yourself saves time and money.

Here I am plowing my rather small driveway. My ATV handles the job pretty good. I can bulldoze the snow at the end of the driveway across the street and into the drainage ditch. It's like plowing snow with a pickup. Make sure you leave room to put snow later on this winter.

I find there is a lot of messing while plowing snow. Too bad ATVs don't have hydrostatic transmissions. Let's see, select foward, lower blade, push snow, lift blade, select reverse, turn, select forward, lower blade, push snow. Repeat, repeat, repeat. It's kind of a hassle at times. A long, flat driveway is ideal for a ATV.

David