Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

new to the group

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the group

Hello everyone, I have a 2000 Honda recon 250 and im currently having some issues i cant figure out. when i got this atv about a month ago it was having carburetor issues appeared to have a knock off Chinese carb on it. i replaced the old carb with a new OEM carb. i cant get the atv to idle down at all. when i was looking at the cheap carbs online i noticed everyone complaining about the oem throtle cable not working with the Chinese carbs. so here is my thought and maybe someone can help me out. will a throtle cable cause it to idle really high? i notied when i was messing with it it would either idle down or up when fooling with the throtle cable. im thinking the throtle cable was replaced when the previous owners put the cheap carb on it and maybe its not the right one for the oem carb? Please someone point me in the right direction. also no matter which way i turn the idle screw it doesnt change the idle at all it stays idling high. look forward to making new friends and enjoying this group

Thanks,

Old 05-18-2018, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the Connection. Post up your issues in the Honda Forums, lots of Honda folks here.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hydrex
Welcome to the Connection. Post up your issues in the Honda Forums, lots of Honda folks here.
ok thanks