Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Modulator Test Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modulator Test Comparisons

Newbeatle

Sorry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2003, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

EASTEREGG ... sorry, I beat you to 1 of the last modules that NABER had on the shelf ... Thank you for the info ALLTOY's & Ted @ NABER... if my interpretation is correct, this module will hook up with the same 3 wires as the D.G. module, & works from take off to rev limit, but with 2 more degrees of advance than the D.G. module, does not cut out, requiring a reset of the module... it won't make my quad go any faster, it will just remove the retard on the timing at the bottom end & as it increases toward the rev limit, resulting in "clean" power all the way to the rev limit

it should result in 3 - 4 quad lenths difference in my "driveway drags" tests... i'd expect little noticable difference at the bottom end ( 2 degrees ), as with the D.G. module, I roast the rear tires for the 1st 150 feet anyway... I should have my module by the end of this week, or 1st of next... & as I currently have a d.G. module hooked up, will do testing with both, & post the results...WAM

Old 08-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Range Rover

Alltoys(or anyone else who might know), I am currently running one of Dale's 2-step modules. Now I'm wondering if this new one from Naber is the way to go. Can you tell me if the one I have now holds advance all the way to the limiter? It is the four wire modulator, if that makes any difference. Also, does it reset when the throttle is let off, or should it be "always on", as the Naber one is supposed to be? I'll probably order one to try out anyway, but if the one I have does the same thing, I'll save my money. Thanks.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

The 2 step one from Red will work just as well it will also hold total timeing to rev limiter. 2 step is good it doesn't have as much punch out of the hole but functionally works very well I would stay with it as you can leave it hooked up incase munchkins want to ride your machine. It has as much take off as the DG and Freedom one with a little more at mid range to top end.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Prairie633,
Red did have a 3, 4, wire modulators one was a single timeing output with 3 wires and a 2 step with 4 wires as it read from the speed sensor to up the timeing at a marked speed. He has since found out the quad the will handle a full input of timeing from the modulator as with Nabor module. Nabor's module is true square wave format the cdi couldn't be so lucky to have such pure form of input.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

ALLTOY'S... thanks for all your input in this area...I was lucky? enough to get one off the self before NABER sold out today... I have a D.G. module installed, & Ted answered fully all of my questions...Do you think I'll even notice the 2 degrees more advance difference between the 2 modules on take off ??? I'm guessing that since I'm already roasting the tires with the D.G. unit on take off, that with 2 degrees more advance, that I won't notice the difference untill mid to topend range ???? WAM

Old 08-06-2003, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

Newbeatle,
You will see slight harder take off excellent mid range, strong finish with at least a 2 quad length advantage at 350 feet. Should see respectively 0.400 sec advantage at the end of 350 feet.

Old 08-06-2003, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider

.400 increase from stock or from DG equiped prairie?????

Old 08-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Range Rover

from dg

Old 08-06-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

is there a switch to be installed with the nabor module? I like the sounds of a switch.

Quick Reply: Modulator Test Comparisons