Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH

thanks i realized that. just stating a function of the programmer.

Old 10-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Dalton Industries has sent me some new clutching for the V that we will be trying. The 785 is as big as you can go safely because of the water jackets. (814)842-6159.

Old 10-25-2003, 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

you people are stupid, a 15 year old kid knows more than you people. on a cvt machine, it is clutched for the max hp rpm of that engine. if you reach full shift out, more times than not if you have hp to keep speeding up the engine will actually pull down in rpms. on your sissy little atvs you will never have enough hp to hold full shift out. the stock clutches on a polaris could handle moving that machine 100 mph, they use them clutchs on some of the small sleds. that produce a lot more power than any atv. i like the raptor for an atv its ok for speed and power, but its still slow and under hp. the only machining i have done to clutches is on the snap ring side of the helix and balancing, after that your spending money to brag and not gain any speed. trailable hp its all in how the machine is built, the new atv are to short for high hp. i am going to see if i have time this winter to make an atv frame to fit my 200 hp 800 cc sled engine into it for riding, it will be very ridable and pants pissing fun. after reading what most of you know about cvt workings, have become dumber since reading some of your responses,

Old 10-25-2003, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

2big4u, why do you feel the need to come onto this forum and call people names, put them down and talk about their sissy machines ? I would love to see you try and ride a 200 hp machine in the woods on a tight trail. Most people on here are here to have fun and help out others when they can. If a fifteen year old kid has been working on quads and sleds since he was little and a 35 year old just gets into it, isnt it kind of obvious the kid will know more ? Take your bashing somewhere else.

Old 10-25-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Mickey,
Thanks for the reply. Do you think the rods and crank can handle the higher CC's if a different jug were made but to keep the head the same just a thought. Have you ever thought of trying to do this build another jug that is.

2big4u,
I have no problem asking a younge fellow for advice, why not, I can bet he has a few things over you more over manners come to mind.

Old 10-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

The water jackets in the head are too close now, there is no room between the piston and the water jacket. The size of the motor is not holding it back, it is the ports.

Old 10-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Mickey,
Thanks again, nice icon by the way.

Old 10-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: 2big4u
you people are stupidut

more times than not if you have hp to keep speeding up the engine will actually pull down in rpms.

We learned more about you, with these two statements, than you'll ever know about us!

Old 10-26-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

WHEW !!!!!!!!!!! gettin warm in here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].........

Old 10-26-2003, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

i dont mean to be to harsh i just get fed up with people ripping on younger people, they may not have the experience, but sometimes they have the knowledge.

shotgun I will not waste my time trying to prove any point to you because i have forgotten more on making quads and especially sleds go faster or ride better than you will ever know.lol

to make a simple change and have the machine go over 100 is not going to happen, on a chain drive machine it would be a pile easier, because the regearing would be easy to do, on the 4by 4 machines with an enclosed chain box it would be rather difficult, the hp wouldnt be that hard to make, light weight wheels and tires, alxles, brake assembleys, frame, add some more aerodynamics, and you might be there.
they have been doing over the c note for a long time on banshees,

Quick Reply: CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH