ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kawasaki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/)
-   -   messed up dial-a-jet install!! HELP!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/139697-messed-up-dial-jet-install-help.html)

cartman308 02-22-2004 07:48 PM

messed up dial-a-jet install!! HELP!!

I installed everything as per instructions...as far as i know.....i am not to good at following directions though Here's my problem. When i fire up the prairie....it starts and idles fine. I have fuel POURING out of my vent lines from the float bowl!!!!!!!! What did i do wrong!!!! Please be harsh if i did something really dumb.....i probably did....

Do you have to plug off these lines now that fuel runnes through the bowl more than it did before? Did i put the new line i the wrong hole???? I'm lost

PLEASE HELP A MORON....

l8r
cart

flyingvforce 02-22-2004 08:01 PM

dont worry i had same how far in is replcement screw? on line now if you need

NovaKaw650 02-22-2004 08:10 PM

Seems to me that Shotgun had the same problem.

cartman308 02-22-2004 08:18 PM

they are in as far as i could get them with my fingers.....didn't what to use a wrench for fear of breaking the fittings.

flyingvforce 02-22-2004 08:32 PM

actually u should use a 8 mm open end wrench and turn screw all the way in till it stops
BUT DONT FORCE IT WHEN IT STOPS STOP!

cartman308 02-22-2004 09:38 PM

thanks!!!! I'll wrench on it tomorrow morning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Should the fittings tighten all the way down to the little 0-ring thats on it?

i'm really good at breaking stuff and the instructions and other people have me real worried i'm gonna break soft brass fittings.

THANKS ALOT!!!!!! i thought i dun messed up royal [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

l8r
cart

hardwood700 02-22-2004 09:57 PM

I haven't installed mine yet because my ride is at the shop right now with other problems.
But I was just wondering if you cut the extra threads off of the brass fuel tap fitting that screws into the hex nut drain?

SHOTGUN 02-22-2004 10:14 PM

Scott is right, I had the same problem, the fitting is to long.

Call Lorn at thunder Products, ask him what to do. He'll tell you to cut them, but that way if it doesn't work, he'll back you and replace. Someone posted he was working on a shorter type for the Kawa, so give him a call.

Good luck.

wildwill 02-22-2004 11:29 PM

Yeh, just cut them off so there is only 3 to 4 threads with washer in place. If any burs us a drill bit to clean hole up. Apply teflon washer and tape to threads. Snug up but not to much!

If you mess them up they are pretty good about sending news!

rutwad 02-23-2004 12:40 PM

I do not think it is too long, it just seems larger on the tip. I too had the same problem. When I called, they assured me it was the right fitting, so I tightened it until it stop leaking. JUST BE CAREFUL!