ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kawasaki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/)
-   -   Brute force vs. Prarie 700 (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/164341-brute-force-vs-prarie-700-a.html)

MURDR 07-18-2004 03:52 AM

Brute force vs. Prarie 700

How does the BF do against a p700 in a drag?

DEL700 07-18-2004 10:49 AM

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I have a p650 w/dg holeshot, p700 w/dyna, and just purchased a brute force July 14 it had 1.4 miles on it, drove it home from the dealer. My son and I raced the 700 and bf. The first time we raced the bf wheelied so bad my son had to back out of it. He learned to sit more forward the next time. Anyway we raced again at 100 yds bf by 1 1/2 lengths, by 1/8 mile the brute force by four lengths and pulling away fast. He didn't take the bf to top speed. By the way my son is 36 I will say I'm older. I rode the bf on a some bad four wheeler trails in back of my house and then rode the 700 over the same route, my seat of the pants review was I could ride faster on the bf. I love the 700 but bf is taking its place the more I ride it. Will be camping at 10,000 feet all next week and will be riding the piaute trail. I live at 4700 feet. So far the bf has been really impressive. It is a big machine with the seat height higher then the 700, even higher than the grizz. while riding the fast trail I didn't notice any more body roll than the 700.

CAM650 07-18-2004 11:40 AM

I have a BF and I have owned a P650 and a P700. I conpletely agree with DEL700's findings. The more the BF breaks in, the faster it gets. That engine just keeps pulling so strong right off the bottom.

MURDR 07-18-2004 01:12 PM

OK what about Suzuki new kingquad 700. Cant believe there using a differnt engine. you would think a v-twin is faster than a single 700.

CAM650 07-18-2004 01:37 PM

I think that question will be answered very soon. It's the match-up everyone who follows utility quads is waiting for. My prediction is that the BF will be faster on the low-end and mid-range and the top end will be very similar. My quess is that it will be written that the KQ has a better suspension and ergonomics.

But enter the touted Sportsman 800. It might be the king of all, who knows. We;ll all find out soon. I need a second quad so I'm excited to see where the chips fall. If you're trying to decide which one to get, all of them would be an excellent choice. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

silverado 07-18-2004 07:51 PM

Thats good to hear as I have a guy that rides with us with a p700 and he outran my grizz,im going searching for him as soon as I get mine in....

I really don't think polaris is gonna have a 800 sp.thats pure rumor..... anyway that cant run with the 750 anyway their as heavy as a tank......LOL

minimus 07-19-2004 02:46 AM

Hi DEL700, I'm a little surprised since the p700 is only 4 hp less and Torque is the same stock.
The Prairie with a dyna should produce the extra horses.
My thoughts on it, Delta Utah being 4,700 feet the Prairie may be starved for air.
The BF may be better equipped with a better air intake, for that altitude.
I had the same problem at 4,500 feet and have made major mods for more air on the prairie.
I'm even going further and adding a lowboy vent on top of my airbox.
Just my thoughts

Yellow650Rincon 07-19-2004 01:28 PM

Originally posted by: silverado
Thats good to hear as I have a guy that rides with us with a p700 and he outran my grizz,im going searching for him as soon as I get mine in....

I really don't think polaris is gonna have a 800 sp.thats pure rumor..... anyway that cant run with the 750 anyway their as heavy as a tank......LOL
I don't know. Polaris may be really coming out with an 800. A very respected and knowledgable "polaris man" on Highlifter told us this info. He is not one to lie and BS about making up rumors. Only a few more days and we should know.

silverado 07-19-2004 01:38 PM

yea I think the show is this weekend isnt it? I personally dont think there will be a 800 but I've been wrong before.......

hummer645 07-19-2004 08:37 PM

I test drove both the BF and the P700 today. I'm glad that I did because I know much better now that the P700 is the machine for me. I already have a Grizzly, and that will give me do distinctly different quads. I thought the BF was awesome, don't get me wrong, and it was a pretty limited test drive, but I want something a little lower to the ground, and more sport oriented, while still being able to tackle difficult trails, and good old Wisconsin mud. Both of these machines are awesome. CAM650, I thought you didn't like your Polaris??? Didn't you have problems with it or something and that is why you went with the Kawasaki's? Just asking?