Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

HOLY Brute Force batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOLY Brute Force batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pstroud, my cdi came from DYNA 629-963-1669 . I believe the price is around $250.00

shotgun,,, I will try to give ya a call today!

MN....... I'm still not a IRS kinda guy but I do like the way this thing is performing and I see alot of power to be had here when the aftermarket parts start coming!

Oldmanwheeler and I have been discussing what he will be doing to this one and right now the biggest thing is waiting on the Elka shocks to get here,,, then we will measure it all out and get some off set rims from OMF to make it at least 48 inchs wide with him on the seat. The Elkas will lower it down and we have even discussed trimming the seat foam to get a lower seat heigth but he doesn't know if he wants to loose the cushy seat! LOL!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

96lapiscoupe,, you may see it at one of the harescrambles but just as a pit bike! LOL!!! Altho I do know a certain GNCC IRS quad rider who has shown some interest in riding one! LOL!!!!

Old 08-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Range Rover

I can't wait to run one in 300ft on a tree JH

Old 08-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

prairiwrench, good post ,was hopeing to hear your results on the bf against the mod. 700

Old 08-08-2004, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

I will let you all know tomorrow night what the results are!
I will tell you that today I took it for a spin around the yard again and then down the gravel road, held it wide open and topped it out at 73 mph!!!! Tomorrow I will stick the stock cdi on and see what top end is!
I almost can't wait to do some dragging with this thing! LOL!!!! See ya all tomorrow night!

Old 08-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Well, Sunday a bit of a painful day for me on the Brute! I didn't get to do the drag racing I had planned but riding down the lane to our riding area I blew by one of the guys on his new 700 Prairie! When we stopped he told me he was wide open,,,, I wasn't! LOL!!! So as the day goes,,, we were going to do some trail riding before we did any racing so off we went! We have a little over 10 miles of trails to play on and I was leading everyone around bcause we had some new people along. I was actually very impressed at how well the Brute handled on the titght trails and I was pushing it as hard as possible. We were about 5 miles into the ride when I glanced back to make sure I hadn't lost anyone when I suddenly found out the Brute has wood brakes! I was going about 15 to 20 mph when the right front hit a 2 ft tall tree stump that was about a foot off the trail and my world stopped instantly!!!I jammed the bars into my right side and my left thumb felt like I ripped it off. I flipped over the bars hit my helmet covered head on a tree and the worst part,, I landed in a bunch of poison ivy flat on my back!!!
I got to my feet a few minutes later itching like crazy and checked out the Brute expecting to see the front torn up but the only damage was the V Force like tie rod bent in the shape of a horse shoe! Now for the fun stuff, I was hurting and the Brute would not steer going forward so I had to back it out of the woods,, almost 2 miles backwards to the nearest road and then I could go forward by leaning way back! I went back to the garage and straightened the tie rod but didn't feel much like riding after that!

Well, here we are on Monday and tonight we did a little drag racing,, one modded 700 Prairie against the Brute with a DYNA cdi and All Trak tires. The results were always the same, they launched about the same. Keeping the front ends down was the hardest part but after a very short distance the Brute would walk away about 3 to 4 quad lengths! We were going down the gravel side by side at about 45 mph and floored it, the Brute walked away again! Kawasaki really hit the mark with the engine in this thing,, I wish they had it out in the Prairie chassis!

Old 08-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear about your accident, prairiwrench. Glad your not hurt too bad. Did the mod 700 have the dyna cdi? Thanks for the review.

Old 08-10-2004, 03:28 AM
Range Rover

Anybody know the price on one of these motors in the crate shipped to dealer ??? if its that good i want one...maybe 2 .... it cant be the chassis or is every body getting soft..... will it out run a fst prepped prairie unit with a unbiased flat out rider in the woods ?????will it remain to be seen ???? is the swing arm dead ???? has penlands got one of these yet ???? inquireing minds want to know and im glad your ok prairie wrench the bad things happen at the least suspecting times could this accident be related to over steer and not used to the new bike this thing sounds like a handful of grab and get it....jh.......

Old 08-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

PW, watch out for those jumping tree stumps, they're just like moose up here, no notice when they are going to cross. Hope your al right.

jhmach; I tried to buy a spare kawa motor and Kawa wouldn't sell just the motor. good luck, who do you know?

Old 08-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

P.W. ... you've been pretty quiet about "your" quad... have you run it against the Brute ??? I'd hate to think I stuck all this money into an ugly "old" quad, only to have a shiney new one rough me up...LOL...

Old 08-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

I'm ok,,, been working on making another new Prairie into a race ready toy for a guy! It's kinda a fun challange to do all this with my left thumb sticking straight up all the time,,, it's still a little sore but it's slowly coming around!
Shotgun,,, I tried to call ya the other day and had to leave a message!

I have not had the chance to let mine eat the Brute yet Mike,,, mine sorta has a little rear end troubles I'm waiting to get resolved! LOL!!! Soon I hope,, soon!

I will bring the Brute if Bob will let me to the next race,,, but it will have to be just a pit truck tho! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]