Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Back from our awesome 2 week ATV trip to Newfoundland with lots of pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from our awesome 2 week ATV trip to Newfoundland with lots of pictures

The communicators worked okay for us, but there is no way they go much more than half a mile. They wouldn't work for you guys the way you were strung out. Hopefully something comes out that would reach out for three or four miles, but then you wouldn't have any fun bombing down the road to retrieve the rest of them (LOL). My wife liked them as she could point out where I should take pictures. She could call me a "A" hole without anyone else hearing it, no they are good but not great. I totally agree about the Prairie's especially the twins, mind you the better half rides just as good as mine. I'm glad I took (Jason's) advice and took the mudlites off, I don't think their would be much tread left. I did try to sign in to post pictures but have to wait until after midnight as they are too busy at the present time. Will send mailing address. If you send yours I will send you a video of Ed and Nish's entertaining us if you still have VHS, I haven't watched it yet hopefully it turned out as there was a lot of music and jokes. Mil (my wife) said that Dave payed Ed a hundred dollars it was part of his package. I know he didn't ask or expect us to pay anything other than our own suppers. Our cost was 1400 dollars each and he payed for everything including rooms on both ferry trips, gas, lodging, breakfast, lunch's, trailering across Cornerbrook, storage of truck and trailer, taxis to and back from ferry. Again; for the wife and I it was a great way to take the trip we didn't have to worry about anything.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default Back from our awesome 2 week ATV trip to Newfoundland with lots of pictures

KISSSOFDEATH

Yes that is correct, that big orange train was used to plow snow. This picture shows it in action.

Plow in action

Old 08-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Bill

Thanks for the info on the communicators. Too bad they don't work at a further distance. You are correct about tire wear. My Mud Bugs really took a beating on that trail. It's almost like ridding on sand paper.

That would be awesome if you could send me a copy of the performance, then I could really make the rest of the crew bad for not going to the lodge LOL!!!! I also took a whole bunch of video clips on my camera that I will include on the CD. You will hear a few good jokes from Sir Wilbur.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

That train sure is throwing some snow.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you guys had a wicked time. One of these years I'll make the trek across myself. I've never ridden on the west coast, but spend most of my time in a Town your pass through called Terra Nova. Lovely sand there, which is what I like [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

To answer somone's ? about gas prices .. it's around 96.4 cents per litre here which translates roughly into ... about $2.70 per US Gal.

I have to make some time to visit your picture pages .. we made a smaller trip on Aug 14-15 from Port Blanford into Gambo and back totally some 300km of riding. Lots of time spent in pits though ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] love it!

Old 08-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

NLWarrior01

Yes we had a great time. I remember Terra Nova. We stopped at the little convenience store on the right side of the trail. I can't remember what it was called, but I think it was the Gap or Gaft. I may be wrong, but I know we bought a pile of souvenir at that place.

You are correct about gas price. It varried from 92.9 to about 96.9 for regular gas. The most I paid was $1.04 for supreme.

Old 08-23-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info on the gas prices. I was just curious about it. Thats a lot of money for gas but you have to have it to ride. I loved that train picture tossing the snow everywhere. You did good taking it.

Old 08-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

That's at mont's brothers place isn't it?

Old 08-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kawi650
That's at mont's brothers place isn't it?
Jason what are you talking about?

Old 08-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

The picture on the wall of the train hammering the snow is at Mont's bother's bed and Breakfast. That's the only place I seen that pict in NL.

Quick Reply: Back from our awesome 2 week ATV trip to Newfoundland with lots of pictures