Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BRUTE FORCE OR P700/TWINPEAKS!!WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRUTE FORCE OR P700/TWINPEAKS!!WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO???

Ok here is a review of a Rincon for those of you that havent ridden one.

The one I was on had 27" ITP mudlights and bigfoot kit.

PROS: The Rincon rides like a Cadillac, very smooth over just about anything. Mud is nothing, the ground clearance and 4WD get you out of everything smoothly. I messed up and went down the wrong trail at one point, and had to do some wicked rock crawling to get back up, no problem. Nothing you throw at it is too big, it is a sweet ride.

CONS: The Rincon is anemic in power, feeling like the motor is about 350CC until you go WOT. There is no low down grunt. When you try to powerslide it hooks up too good to play much. It doesnt feel tippy when you go hard around corners though, it just feels like you are on a rail.

Engine Braking sucks. The brakes dont feel too strong either.

The Temp light was on for most of the 2 days I rode it, my buddy says it comes on alot, it seems to be an issue with alot of Rincon owners and is giving alot of problems to them.

So, If I was a put-putter and didnt like to have fun, but wanted something to cruise along and look for deer, or just fart around, this is a great ATV.

I need much more power, and prefer better brakes, along with better engine braking for my needs.

Brute Force or KingQuad 700 is what I will be buying.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

there is only one area where the prairie/peaks is better than the brute, sliding the rear end around corners. THAT'S IT. other than that the brute is a much better machine, more power, more capable of tackling tougher obstacles and deeper mud due to the IRS, and a much more comfortable ride. i know for me i'd want an IRS. people try talking about fast paced trail rides, well give me a brute and i bet i can keep up with someone on a p700 just fine, and i'd have a much more comfortable ride.

Old 08-23-2004, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

You left out one thing and that is its a lot more easier to turn over on sidehills.

Old 08-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Wow Wvatv...that is interesting.The only thing I don't understand is you say it has no power down low but can climb up nasty rocks with no problem??? Seems like it would have some power down low to do this.As far as the hot light I wonder if the radiator is plugged with mud??
Thanks for the insight!
02 650 Camo