Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

HELP!!! Just Installed Dalton Orange/Blue on Peaks700 NO KEBC Anymore???

Old 10-19-2004, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Just Installed Dalton Orange/Blue on Peaks700 NO KEBC Anymore???

Just Installed this i hear the whole pulley moving in and out a clunking type of noise as soon as the stall or belt engages and disengages.... ALSO i have no Engine Braking anymore is this because of the stiffer spring?

My stock spring was smaller then the Dalton and felt really soft on the pulley before i removed it??? I could push the pulley foreward with 1 finger it was soo soft!

Is this normal?

Old 10-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default HELP!!! Just Installed Dalton Orange/Blue on Peaks700 NO KEBC Anymore???

The higher stall of the Orange blue, will cause the KBEC to free wheel at slower speeds, however it should still work a mid to higher speeds... if it is not engauging at all, then something is wrong

Old 10-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

I'd put the Dalton weights in with the spring. That spring was designed for a piped V-Force and is probably a little too much spring for a Prairie without the weights.

The noise is normal for springs with a little stall.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

I have had zero problems with my Orange/blue spring. The engine braking works like it always did. For me this is the perfect spring and will not come out.

Old 10-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah im worried about this....
Its not working AT ALL!

I have a Dayco Belt on it right now and am wondering if this could add to it... There are no teeth on the top of the belt like there are on the stock one.

It really hesitates to go off the line now, until right after the belt engages due to the stall, so would a DG5 fix this? Its because of the retarted timeing im thinking?

Old 10-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

did you line up the arrows when installing the face plate? i dont know if that would cause a problem but they wouldnt put them on there for no reason.

Old 10-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider

WELL Today i took it out and found that there really is no engine braking anymore! Its no big deal to me now because its gettin redone as i have now had the quad for 1month 2weeks and have 1295Miles on it with 216Hours! I am going to have it sitting for a month while i tear it down and get things rebuilt such as my braking system! Today while i was out with my buddy we were playin in a riverbed and i approached an area in 4wheel that i didnt sink at all, water only half way up the font wheel, i went to back out and it spun and high centered me and burried the quad up the the fenders! It was quicksand (Silt) extremely gritty i was stuck for 3hours there while my buddy and i finally got it out with his other peaks. Made it hard because he has stock beat tires i with the mudlites.... Man as soon as i get my new plastics and stock Prairie bumper on there instead of this AC Racing one i have now im DEFINATELY gettin a winch! I would have been out in 5min!

Brakes are shot after that they squeal and i pull the lever and it is totally soft nothing happens so its just insane!

Belt Problems well, i think im going to go to a trustworthy dealer thats 20miles from me but it will be worth it! I think my deflection is way off as i just replaced my stock belt with the Dayco and did nothing more then that no adjustments! I got 1100 Miles of of my stocker! I do however love the feeling of the slight stall and engagement i imagine it will be 100X better with the new DG5Module!

Sorry for such a long post but i have alot i have to do to this thing!
Are there clutch shoes that need adjusted or replaced if so when should this maintainence be done?
Is deflection (belt adjustment) done by shims? Where are the shims located?

Any further help would be GREATLY Appreciated!
Thanks...