ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kawasaki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/)
-   -   Why doesn't the KFX700 (v-force) come with manual shift??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/207401-why-doesnt-kfx700-v-force-come-manual-shift.html)

700vtwinman 06-17-2005 01:44 PM

Why doesn't the KFX700 (v-force) come with manual shift???

Why doen't the KFX700 (v-force) come with manual shift? If it did, wouldn't it be the ultimate sports quad??? Just wondering.

ridinsmooth 06-17-2005 02:30 PM

two thing for yes and no if it did have a manual shift it would be better but not that much cause its shaft but if they would put a clutch and make it chain driven it would be ultimate and because kawasaki is lazy.

enFORCER 06-18-2005 11:17 AM

I wish it had a chain drive as well.... However I do like the fact that it's an automatic...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Kawierider 06-19-2005 06:00 AM

After riding several brands of sport quads, I rode a KFX-700. The automatic sold me. I came to realize shifting is way overrated. With the CVT, you're always in the right gear. And with shaft drive, there's more ground clearance, and it requires little to maintain.

Sure, maybe with a manual and a chain drive it could be faster. But faster isn't always more fun. For me, the fun factor of this quad is without equal, and the CVT has a lot to do with that. Personally, I think Kawasaki hit a home-run with this quad.

midnite 06-19-2005 01:09 PM

Originally posted by: Kawierider
After riding several brands of sport quads, I rode a KFX-700. The automatic sold me. I came to realize shifting is way overrated. With the CVT, you're always in the right gear. And with shaft drive, there's more ground clearance, and it requires little to maintain.

Sure, maybe with a manual and a chain drive it could be faster. But faster isn't always more fun. For me, the fun factor of this quad is without equal, and the CVT has a lot to do with that. Personally, I think Kawasaki hit a home-run with this quad.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. "faster isn't always more fun" Thats why kawi has utes. A sport bike is supposed to be "faster" thats what sells it, the performance, not the ease of riding it. Judging kfx 700 against it's peers [sports quads], in the performance arena, it loses alot of power because of the auto tranny and shaft drive. A kfx 700, with manual tranny, and chain drive, sells 3-4 times as well as the current kfx. Isn't that why kawi is in business? To sell quads?

Kawierider 06-19-2005 05:01 PM

Originally posted by: midnite

... A kfx 700, with manual tranny, and chain drive, sells 3-4 times as well as the current kfx...
Does it really? I haven't seen one of those yet.

I'm sure you meant it would sell 3-4 times as well (contrary to the marketing analysis by Kawasaki).

The ease of riding the V-Force is part of its performace. This quad can take a novice rider and make him faster right off the bat. And anyone who thinks a belt-driven quad can't compete need only consider its record on the GNCC circuit. Were those winning riders foolish to ride a shaft drive/belt driven quad? Maybe they knew something all those naysayers didn't.

midnite 06-19-2005 07:14 PM

Anyone who has ridden a wheeler for more than 2 weeks knows how to shift gears. Have fun with your womans bike. A z400 can run strait up with kfx700. If kawi had the balls {they don't, just like their 700} to make the 700 a manual, and chain drive, the 700 auto would be discontinued within 6 months, due to lack of sales. Gncc riders on 700's won a few races {bill balence on a yfz 450 dominated the circut} in spite of the auto, not because of it.

midnite 06-19-2005 07:28 PM

I was looking at a kfx for my girlfriend, she just can't grasp the concept of shifting.

scagz 06-19-2005 09:13 PM

Originally posted by: midnite
Anyone who has ridden a wheeler for more than 2 weeks knows how to shift gears. Have fun with your womans bike. A z400 can run strait up with kfx700. If kawi had the balls {they don't, just like their 700} to make the 700 a manual, and chain drive, the 700 auto would be discontinued within 6 months, due to lack of sales. Gncc riders on 700's won a few races {bill balence on a yfz 450 dominated the circut} in spite of the auto, not because of it.
ee

Kawierider 06-19-2005 11:09 PM

Oh no, you better stop. If you continue you might hurt my feelings! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I guess I'll just keep kicking ass on my "womans" quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]