ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kawasaki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/)
-   -   Off topic but still need help with KX125 (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/220132-off-topic-but-still-need-help-kx125.html)

dvxxvd 10-20-2005 07:48 PM

Off topic but still need help with KX125

Hey everyone, sorry this is off topic but i know someone here can help. A friend of mine bought a 2000 KX125 two stroke dirtbike and i know nothing about bikes. It won't idol and the guy he bought it off of says it was set for racing is this possible. It runs fine off of 87 octane when you are past idol. Just was wondering how to fix it. Mabye idol screw or air/fuel screw? any ideas?

dvxxvd 10-21-2005 12:27 AM

?

motox26 10-21-2005 09:20 AM

My CR250 doesn't idol either, it is supposed to be for better top end, I don't know if this is true or not but I have left mine like it is. But yes, just adjust your idol screw until it idles the way you want.

Also, I recomend running at least 93 octane in that. It is a high performance bike, run the good stuff.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

mywifesquad 10-21-2005 09:56 AM

Originally posted by: motox26
My CR250 doesn't idol either, it is supposed to be for better top end, I don't know if this is true or not but I have left mine like it is. But yes, just adjust your idol screw until it idles the way you want.

Also, I recomend running at least 93 octane in that. It is a high performance bike, run the good stuff.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
In theory 2 strokes shouldnt idle, but most can be made too. All of mine are set to idle for about 10-15 secs when the throttle is closed. You will need to work with the air screw and the idle screw to get it working well. Turn the idle screw up until it will idle,and then turn the air screw in until it starts to die. Then back it out about a 1/4 turn and re adjust the idle. If you get any blubbering off of idle turn the air screw out another 1/4 turn and try it again.

motox26 10-21-2005 04:25 PM

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

In theory 2 strokes shouldnt idle, but most can be made too. All of mine are set to idle for about 10-15 secs when the throttle is closed. You will need to work with the air screw and the idle screw to get it working well. Turn the idle screw up until it will idle,and then turn the air screw in until it starts to die. Then back it out about a 1/4 turn and re adjust the idle. If you get any blubbering off of idle turn the air screw out another 1/4 turn and try it again.
Id listen to him dvxxvd, he has a lot of experience with dirtbikes and motors in general.

I just notice that we were spelling "idle" wrong.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Marcus64114 02-11-2017 12:34 AM

Oc

Originally Posted by mywifesquad (Post 1768431)

What octane best for a 1999 kx 125 thanks

MrSummit 02-15-2017 07:47 PM

Sounds like carb pilot jet needs cleaned or replaced.

Using higher octane than required gains u nothing. Find out what was recommended stock and start there. If non-stock compression, then u may need to increase octane.