Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

For the Lakota guys.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the Lakota guys.

nope vesrah makes steel plates, barnett and dp also make em, i am 100% positive because well im the one that took em out of the vesrah package and put them in my kota lol, and kg makes hd springs too......i got my vesrah steels from greg at cwr who i believe ordered it from the marshalls catalog, and i got the kg stuff from the parts unlimited book at the dealer.....what brand did you get off ebay...you got the be carefull because alot of that stuff is crap......you deffinatly dont want to go with oem "steel" plates because the ones from kawasai are really aluminum so they swell up and warp faster and theyare wicked expensive.....you will probally get 3 times more life outa aftermarket plates that are really steel......

Old 03-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

The ebay seller said they were vesrah and 4 are on there way sound about right?>

Also my girl now has decided she wants factory lime green plastics and not the maier ones. So? I figure give it soem time and see what she really wants and go from there.

Phyro

Old 03-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

yup its 5 fritctions and 4 steel plates and 4 springs......so you should be all set

Old 03-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Trailblazer

I just though about this.

The cutch cover. Do I need a gasket for that? I was going to change the clutch tonight see that all the parts are in. And Iv read a few things about the disks and what not. But I never though about the gasket? Any input?

Thanks for your time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Phyro

Old 03-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Holeshotz....do the Lakota's fibers have to be soaked in oil like most other bikes?....this info could save someone from damage [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

Good question, rols, I was going to ask the same thing.

Holez,
You still got them Works fronts?

Old 03-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider

Easy stebob...them shocks are already on the way to my Mo...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

i soak all my clutch plates for about 20 min. in oil....some compainies claim that its not nessary to soak their plates to save you time but you should soak em anyway........my old dp kit claimed that they didnt need to be soaked and my idiot dealer put them in(wihout soaking them) and they sucked and lasted about 3 months........i soaked my kgs and they have been goin strong for a year now and probally still have 3/4 life in em and i ride just about every weekend

Old 03-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

LOL, have time to soak em now. :0

I opened 'er right up and seal needs to be replaced (NO brainer, sorry for asking a stupid question)

But that hub type looking thing that hold the springs in. Yeah one is clearly craked right off.

So off to ordering parts I go!

Enlight of all this though It gave me time to realize about the plates locking together with the other disk. At first I ahd the plates looks. And Somewere out there I know I saw sokeone say they have preasure on them. And wola I released the mistake I almost made [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Once again thanks for the support and Help!!!

Old 03-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

most of the time you can get away with not replacing the gasket as long as its not ripped and all parts of it are there.......dosnt sound too good about the spring hub, was it broken when you took it off or did you break it somehow? and was the bolt missing or was it there, and was there still pressure on the spring where the chunk was missing.......if the chunk was missing and you didnt brake it somehow that either means somthing caused it to break(you need to find out what that is) or someone replaced the clutch once already and broke it when they replaced it.....hopefully someone broke it, this would be better because if it just broke by it self, the broken peice ran thru the engine and it could have caused some damage....see if there is any metal in that oil screen.......i would also check your inner and outer baskets and see what shape they are in.......when i did my clutch i replaced that hub and the inner and outer pressure plates....the only thing i didnt replace was the basket....it was a bit costly but all the parts were a bit worn(but not broken) so i just did it to be on the safe side......get some pics up of whats broken and the whole clutch side of the engine(if you can) so i can have a better idea of how it happned............

Quick Reply: For the Lakota guys.