ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kawasaki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/)
-   -   could i ride a Kfx 700? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kawasaki/286115-could-i-ride-kfx-700-a.html)

mattmo 03-24-2008 07:34 PM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

Im 14 wiegh 150 pounds and am strong enough to ride a polaris xcsp 800 snowmobile
could i handle a kfx 700?

07rancher420 4x4 03-24-2008 11:40 PM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

man, just go jump on one and find out. I think you prolly could

jasonr31 03-25-2008 01:02 PM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

I have an 08 KFX700. Use the screw to back down the throttle to get used to it and just let it out as you get more comfortable. I think you'll be fine once your used to the power. It's a VERY heavy ATV though, so if you're riding in the woods, good luck. I ride with my friends who have 400/450s and it's extremely difficult for me to keep up, simply because the KFX700 weighs so much. I weigh 220 and bench 360 and I stuggle trying to wrestle that thing in the woods. Hope this helps.

yamaharap 03-25-2008 06:49 PM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

it depends , can you ride?

Doctorturbo 03-26-2008 01:02 AM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

Very, very good post jasonr31!!! That is exactly how I feel about my V. If I try to keep up with my friends in the woods my V will punish me. I'm about the same weight as jasonr31.

BUT, if I just ride the trails and have fun there is no better quad for me. It is just so fun to ride. Even my 11 year old can ride my V no problem around the ranch. Obviously not race it, but putt around.

Depending on how you ride and based on your weight I might get something like a Z400 or someting like that if I were you. It just depends on how and where you ride.

ss97 03-26-2008 05:54 AM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

I would get a Raptor 250 at your age/size no doubt....... remember lighter is faster and riding a light sport machine will give you the skills and confidence of being able to dominate your machine.

You want to ride the machine not the other way around....

BigOne 03-26-2008 06:07 AM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jasonr31

I have an 08 KFX700. Use the screw to back down the throttle to get used to it and just let it out as you get more comfortable. I think you'll be fine once your used to the power. It's a VERY heavy ATV though, so if you're riding in the woods, good luck. I ride with my friends who have 400/450s and it's extremely difficult for me to keep up, simply because the KFX700 weighs so much. I weigh 220 and bench 360 and I stuggle trying to wrestle that thing in the woods. Hope this helps.</end quote></div>

How Many Chips is that on the bar ??????????

garman351 03-26-2008 12:22 PM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

(KFX700)
Is a death ride on the trails without a steering stablizer and than I would be careful.

That super light front steering has caused many accidents causing the front handle bars to be ripped out of your hands when those rock hard tires hit any tree rutt in the trails etc.

Kawi Riders web-site many People have had low speed accidents on those things while traveling on a rocky rutty trails. I was involved in a same type of accident myself. I was thrown off at ten miles per hour face first onto the trail and I had no idea on that the hell just happened to me.

On our way back to the trailer my son was driving that quad and he lost control at low speed and he ran it into a tree, again at low speed. Here we are both very experienced riders with over 300 hours of driving our 4x4 quads without ever having a problem until a purchased that V-Force. This machine should be ridden on sand dunes or motocross tracks where it was designed to do in the first place.
But they never tell you that in the advertising.

A steering stablizer would of greatly helped or prevented two seperate accidents.
I also did learn if the tires were softer in front they could of better absorbed an impact instead of bouncing off an object. I guess the owners manual nor did the dealer tell me what to look out for before my first ride back in 2004.

garman

pbugaiski 03-26-2008 03:18 PM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

I agree with ss97, if you get something lighter that really snaps, you'll become a better rider, i dont know maybe a 300 kaw or ex300, get a pipe and some good gums for the rear and have a ball. that 700 is gigantic... i would love to own one but cant see really rippen around, and i weigh 220, my bike is a kaw kfx 400, i have to be careful on that. i just dont think youll have that much fun gettin tossed around on that beast.
i would love one tho [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

stillV1 03-26-2008 09:57 PM

could i ride a Kfx 700?

I dont have any problems with mine on trails. Works great for me and I've heard the stories of the steering accidents but I personally havent had any problems with mine regarding that phenomenon. They are however a heavy quad and it does take some getting used to. If I were you I would try a quad that is more suited to your age and height/weight but you are the one that knows your limits so that would be for you to decide.