Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki mojave running problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki mojave running problem

I have got a 91 mojave 250 and it starts up good but will run like **** with it backfiring and i have to leave the choke on most of the time I have replaced the jets numbers of times and have screwed with the fuel air mixture and still nothing. I was told to buy a new carb(might this be my problem). I have good compression and it is timed right it feels like it may be flooding out or or starving for fuel cause when i hit the gas it will bog down and kill. I have to keep pumping the gas to try and keep it running and sometimes that wont work and it will just kill. If i turn the choke off even just a little bit it will kill even if i try touching the gas at the same time. Anything new I can try and yes my carb is clean

Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not a mechanic but maybe a fuel filter clog or dirt in the tank. Thats my guess.
Good luck

Old 03-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey guys im new to the site i just bought a mojave a couple months ago and love it. but as far as your question i had the same problem with my mojave and i took the carb off and cleaned it several times it was spotless inside and out and i never could get it to work right. i put a carb from another mojave on it and never had another problem

Old 03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok thank you for that info and I have ben trying to find a different carb and I cant find one anywhere. Let me know if you or someone else knows where there is a good carb for a 91 mojave 250

Old 03-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

i buy alot of my parts off ebay and ive had good luck on there. if you look at the sellers feedback rating you can tell if they are honest or not. you might wanna give that a try. when my mojave was doin this i could put my hand over the airbox and it would run fine which i was told means the main jet is clogged

Old 03-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I thank you for your response. I have ben looking on ebay and still have not found a carb but i will keep trying and if anyone knows where i can get a carb for a 91 kawasaki mojave 250 that is in working condition let me know

Old 03-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok just keep lookin they are on there all the time you must of just looked at a bad time lol. they come up on there often and they are not bad priced at all

Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

check for air leaks after carb,not getting enuff fule,or to much air goodluck,ihave a 96 i call it the grasshopper

Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM

i will cut you up grasshopper

Old 03-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a polaris and it eats up my buddys 400ex,my grass hoper ,buddys350 yamaha.its all in how far and how much ***** you have.not hear to bash but to make friends

Quick Reply: Kawasaki mojave running problem