Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Brand New 750 Brute Force, engine shot!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get the ATV back! If and when repairs are made, I will give you the update, whether it be positive or negative.
What bothers me the most is that I bought this ATV for 2 main reasons. First, to take out to the ATV trails with the guys from work two weeks ago, and it only ran for the first 20 minutes before it broke down. Second, to pull a seed spreaded to plant food plots for deer on my property. Now that planting season is here, I am without the ATV again.
I have owned 8 different Kawasaki Motorcycles and ATVs over the past 20 years, and have always been please with their performance, design, handling, etc. This is, however, the first time I've had to test their warranty. I want to stay with Green, but this issue may test my loyalty.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Post delaer response to water in motor on rhino-65's '09 brute force

Hello everyone! I am the general manager of Steiger Powersports and I'm also the salesman that sold rhino-65 his '09 Brute Force that injested water thru the airbox and into his engine which destroyed the top end of his atv. rhino-65 was riding his atv thru a puddle up to the floorboards at speed which caused a substantial amount of water to be sucked into the airbox, thru his air filter, thru the throttle boddies, and into his motor. His oil was milky and his piston rings were stuck in the cylinders. What i just described is not in dispute. Rhino-65 understandably was very dissapointed when he was initially told kawasaki would not warranty the motor because in their words "customers need to drive slowly thru water that is no deeper than the floorboards. Riding at speed thru water is what caused the water to enter the intake which in turn caused the damage to the motor". If kawasaki warrantied anyone's atv that had water in the motor then everyone would be riding in water up to their handlebars because they would expect kawasaki to warranty any breakdown which could occur. The point is kawasaki was skeptical of rhino-65's claim that the puddle was not considerably deeper than the floorboards. After review, (and our pleading on the customer's behalf that kawasaki should take care of an excellent customer) Kawasaki decided to warranty all the parts to repair the engine (new cylinders, pistons, rings, etc.). They would not, however warranty any labor for the repair. The labor bill was split in half for rhino-65. We at Steiger Powersports covered half the labor cost even though we were not reimbursed by kawasaki. rhino-65 had to pay a total of $425.00 + tax. We regret that our valued customer had to pay anything out of pocket. We at Steiger's went to bat for rhino-65 as much as possible. Consumer's do need to keep in mind dealer's don't want unhappy customers. I hope rhin0-65 responds to this post to share his thoughts. Thanks for listening everyone! Stay safe. - Rod Hall G.M. Steiger Powersports

Old 06-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Range Rover

Sounds good to me. I have a Dealer i like to work with very frequently as well.

Like I said before you hit even a puddle if yours is as bad as mine was deflect that water. I did 2 things I purchased the front inner fender kits which I think mainly keeps my leg dry . The other was I made some water deflectors up near my air box out of junk plastic and held them in place with zip ties. Although you May think you should not have to do this it is worth it to keep your Brute. Before I did this Splashing in water puddles that was only rim deep would soak my airfilters and make my belt slip. I could not trail ride with sport bikes or a kawasaki Bayou that I loan out. The hardest part about it was taking off the body.

Attached Thumbnails Brand New 750 Brute Force, engine shot!-dscf0042.jpg   Brand New 750 Brute Force, engine shot!-dscf0045.jpg  
Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

If your gonna water drive (or dive) it, but a snorkel kit on it.

I don't care if you have a Honda, Popo, Canned Ham.......water kills.......everything, not just Kawies.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by KMKjr
If your gonna water drive (or dive) it, but a snorkel kit on it.

I don't care if you have a Honda, Popo, Canned Ham.......water kills.......everything, not just Kawies.
I was not water driving it not to say I never have. For me I could get water in mine from puddles in the parking lots. Love my brute otherwise.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default same problem

i have a 08 brute 750. i ride lake bottoms in mississippi duing the winter and i constantly have to floor it to get across large creeks and "puddles" and every time i hit it just right i suck up all kinds of water and i have to wait and dry out the air filter and do the whole thing that tkaes forever every time i do it and then i just have to go easy on it the rest of the ride to get back. i am so tired of it sucking up water all the time. i used to have the 06 750 brute and never had a problem hitting the biggest creeks that should have given me problems which is weird. but i feel your pain. i though about trying to rig an outerware pre filter cover that goes over the k&n air filter that i dont have and try to put it on my stock. the reason is cuz it says its 100% water resistant or proof... not sure but it would definatly help out tell me if yall figure out another idea... thanks

Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look into the EHS Mudder Lid, with this EHS you can block off the stock air-intake and then if you are conerned with the CVT intake,re-route the CVT intake away from getting the current air at the front of your air box or just snorkel it.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

i bet it is an engineering flaw. but i guess there is always a solution to it.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Water logged

Too bad that any work was completed under warranty, as this likely
was the result of operator error or misjudgement, and not a design
flaw. If anything, perhaps an insurance claim. If you play, you should
be ready to pay, IMHO.
Water or dirt ingestion is obvious and is nothing short of carelessness.
You should have bought a boat.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:00 PM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BAD,BAD design intake Kawi 750

I ride with 3 different kawi riders along with Polaris,Honda,etc..ALL 3 Kawi 750 had to redo their air intake as IT IS a BAD design. We all ride the creeks and go thru water to the floorboard all the time,we found out quick that the kawi got alot of water in the intake due to splashing up. ALL 3 redone their intakes . This is a design flaw and Kawasaki ought to step up and do the right thing......PERIOD

Quick Reply: Brand New 750 Brute Force, engine shot!