Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki Bayou KLF 300 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Bayou KLF 300 4x4

i paid 700 cash for the atv. Doesn't look like the owner was the water type nor mud just speed. I was wondering about any mods i can do. I have found just about every part on ebay. Was wonder on a few things below.

How to find the real yr. Am thinking 95 with the decals.

Somethings in 3 it comes out of gear "clutch issues"?

High Range and Low range work.

I want to run a aftermarket rim and tire combo.

Would like to add a snorkle just best to make my own?

Exhaust, carb jet?

Any way to gain low end and power and be able to go anywhere it can. any input is helpful.

Name:  2013-04-06165251_zps2c012343.jpg
Views: 10640
Size:  182.4 KB

Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

I had 3 of them and were all good machines. Don't know why third gear would bother unless there is chip or something on that gear. Treat it right and it will last you. Only mod i really ever did with them was add the optional oil cooler.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Range Rover

I have changed the rims and tires out with 12" "i think 12 stock though" with GBC tires. I found a High Low box for cheap guess I will buy it now.

Also I took her on a muddy trail to test out 4 wheel drive. I think I might need a auto clutch? Seem to be over torqueing and not putting power to the wheels.

Found out at one point and time someone had a snorkel kit hooked up. So all my vent lines are ran and also the air box was done they run it up though front.

Oil cooler would be NICE. I also order some nice rims and tires since my old gbc seen better days. I have kenda bear claws on my 250 quad they are awesome. But wanted to try maybe a 27x12-12 all around? Use a Kenda Executioner or Silver Backs. For 700 bucks and she dont smoke and high low works great. Am happy I didnt get stuck one time and I was on a power line trail.

Like a 2" lift on it. Any links would be helpful and tips on to find out what yr.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Cool

Sorry I can't help with more. Mine were mainly used on the farm and snowblade. Oil cooler was done because most work with it was in the summer. Oh, two other things I remembered was I put the extra fender skirts on that were offered with the Bayou 400, didn't get much mud on me after that. And they offered a heavy duty springs option that I put on the front (mainly for the snow work) but that doesn't sound like something you'd need. I guess you are finding out how many parts are still available it sounds like. I would think Kawasaki would still have the oil cooler available. You should also check the reverse release cable as sometimes it got hard to get it into reverse when doing a lot of back and forth stuff (mainly when pushing snow). I don't think it's meant to have the same size tires all around but for what you are doing maybe it won't matter. Did you get rims and tires from GBC? I like the looks of their tires (prices seem good too) and have their Dirt Devil tread on my front now.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Range Rover

I never half do something when I do it so I will hunt parts and learn. With the model its pretty common just happen I found someone parting one. He blew the motor up the high low gear box looks great no chips in the gears. So for 50 bucks I will pay it and store it.

Rims are aftermarket 12" Motosport hope they will be in before my bday. I have gbc gators on can am rims. Someone had them and didnt want them here a picture of those.

Name:  20130408_202041_zps6da3d836.jpg
Views: 6234
Size:  94.2 KB

New rims, and tires new paint job, snorkle kit, exhaust upgrade, recarb the jet, maybe bore the motor over some and check on this 1"/2" tran shim and 2" lift kit. Will spend more on goodies for it than I paid but got to pay to play.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hey there

So I know this has nothing to do with your post but could use a little help if you can. I'm hearing a small click from the right side of the bike by the way it's a 300 bayou 95 as well. I think it's the oil pump also maybe the starter.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sykwidit
I never half do something when I do it so I will hunt parts and learn. With the model its pretty common just happen I found someone parting one. He blew the motor up the high low gear box looks great no chips in the gears. So for 50 bucks I will pay it and store it.

Rims are aftermarket 12" Motosport hope they will be in before my bday. I have gbc gators on can am rims. Someone had them and didnt want them here a picture of those.

New rims, and tires new paint job, snorkle kit, exhaust upgrade, recarb the jet, maybe bore the motor over some and check on this 1"/2" tran shim and 2" lift kit. Will spend more on goodies for it than I paid but got to pay to play.
Are those 26" tires? ROCK ON.................