Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2007 Kawasaki kfx50 or Ksf50 b?

Old 03-16-2017, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Kawasaki kfx50 or Ksf50 b?

I recently purchased this quad for my daughter. On the tag on the frame it says 2007 Kawasaki ksf 50b.
is it a KFX?
it seems to have been modified quite a bit. I t goes like 20mph estimated. I have been having some trouble with it staying running. When I bought it the guy started it it ran and idled I road it around no problem and let it idle some more. The next day I had a hard time getting it to start then it would keep stalling out and I would have to keep starting it.
How do I tell what's been modified on the engine and carb?
im gonna pull the carb and clean it to eliminate that first.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Stearns
I recently purchased this quad for my daughter. On the tag on the frame it says 2007 Kawasaki ksf 50b.
is it a KFX?
it seems to have been modified quite a bit. I t goes like 20mph estimated. I have been having some trouble with it staying running. When I bought it the guy started it it ran and idled I road it around no problem and let it idle some more. The next day I had a hard time getting it to start then it would keep stalling out and I would have to keep starting it.
How do I tell what's been modified on the engine and carb?
im gonna pull the carb and clean it to eliminate that first.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:57 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Short answer, it's both. Don't ask me why, but Kawasaki did the same thing with the 400. I had on 06 that was known as the kfx 400. But if you looked at the paperwork and the frame it was ksf.

Not sure if they did the same thing with the 50 as they did the 400's. Frame and paperwork said Kawasaki, but they had a deal with Suzuki to sell the ltz400 as a Kawasaki. Plastics were different, but if you looked at the motor, it was stamped Suzuki.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

I have an 03 KFX50 for my son. It's all stock, and is good for like 12 MPH. If your 50 is hitting 20 then it's modded for sure. That's too fast for a bike of this size if she is a new rider (assuming she is).

I have an Outlaw 90 for the bigger kids. Much bigger & wider, it doesn't make it to 20 either (though I think it could handle it).

As far as it not running right, gotta start from the beginning on that. Like you mention, pull the carb and go through it. Also, I'm a big fan of a fresh plug to eliminate that.

Good luck!

Old 03-18-2017, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by BigNuge
I have an 03 KFX50 for my son. It's all stock, and is good for like 12 MPH. If your 50 is hitting 20 then it's modded for sure. That's too fast for a bike of this size if she is a new rider (assuming she is).

I have an Outlaw 90 for the bigger kids. Much bigger & wider, it doesn't make it to 20 either (though I think it could handle it).

As far as it not running right, gotta start from the beginning on that. Like you mention, pull the carb and go through it. Also, I'm a big fan of a fresh plug to eliminate that.

Good luck!
thanks for your input guys. I pulled the carb and it was real clean. I tried a different carb I had for another similar quad Without the auto choke. That didn't make any difference.
im thinking it needs to be rejected due to exhaust mod so I took it to the local dealer. I should here from them Monday.