Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

kawasaki praire 700 front diff no power to front right wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kawasaki praire 700 front diff no power to front right wheel

i have a Kawasaki prairie 700 and have broken something in the front end. i use the atv for occasional trail riding but mostly heavy yard work. i is constantly under a heavy load aka pulling a drag to grate a driveway/pulling downed trees/ heavy loads of dirt. recently i was pulling a large tree in 4wd with the locker pulled when suddenly the front right wheel lost all power and wouldn't spin under power. i disconnected the tree and drove to the garage, when i noticed when in 4wd it pulls very hard to the right. when in reverse 4wd it snaps the wheel to the right so hard i cant overcome it with muscle. in 2 wheel drive i have no problems going forward or backward. i checked the front diff fluid and its full as i had changed it 2 months prior with 10w30 oil. i also have replaced the front right cv shaft too since it had a bit of play eliminating that as the issue i do have another prairie 700 with a bad engine should i just swap the front differential or is something else possibly the problem?

Old 06-10-2019, 08:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just to update i never was able to find the issue with the front diff but what i ended up doing was swapping my diff with one from my older suzuki twin peaks 700 the had a blow rear head. before swapping them i cleaned and flushed the diff and replaced the bearings and seals. i now have them swapped and i believe it functions properly but wont know for sure becaus now my 2wd 4wd actuator is apparently bad even though when i turn the key on it rotates forward and then back but the 2wd 4wd light is blinking saying it is bad.