Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700 4x4

I am trying to Re-Set my Belt Light. I am having the same issue as others that because the Belt Sensor was tripped not my quad will only go about 7-8 MPH and will not allow it to rev-up because of this issue. Here is my problem. I have seen several videos of where the Black Plug Wire Harness and Grey Plug Wire Harness are located to find them, disconnect them, plug Black to Grey and Grey To Black, turn key on/off etc. But at some point my quad must have been taken apart, and when it was put back together the wires were not ran where they were ran from the factory and I can only find the Grey Plug, and not the Black Plug. So where would I maybe find this? I guess I would like to know where the wires on the Black Plug Connector go to and from so I can start there and follow the wires until I find the plug. PLEASE HELP!

Old 09-30-2018, 06:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kawasaki Prairie Belt Light Flashing/Limp Mode HELP

I am trying to Re-Set my Belt Light. I am having the same issue as others that because the Belt Sensor was tripped not my quad will only go about 7-8 MPH and will not allow it to rev-up because of this issue. Here is my problem. I have seen several videos of where the Black Plug Wire Harness and Grey Plug Wire Harness are located to find them, disconnect them, plug Black to Grey and Grey To Black, turn key on/off etc. But at some point my quad must have been taken apart, and when it was put back together the wires were not ran where they were ran from the factory and I can only find the Grey Plug, and not the Black Plug. So where would I maybe find this? I guess I would like to know where the wires on the Black Plug Connector go to and from so I can start there and follow the wires until I find the plug. PLEASE HELP![/QUOTE]

Old 10-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I didn’t not get a response to my post, so yeah this hasn’t been much help. I did take it upon myself to order a Dynatek CDI Ignition Box though. Best $170 I have spent in my life on a 4 wheeler!!! Took care of all problems with Limp Mode, 4WD, Forward and Recerse Rev Limits, idles better, starts easier, more HP, rapid throttle response, etc.!! If you don’t have a Dynatek CDI Box on your 4 wheeler, GET ONE!!!!!!!