Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Suzuki Quadrunner 160cc idles but won't rev up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki Quadrunner 160cc idles but won't rev up!

Okay so I got this quad in a trade and when we first got it, it did not want to run correctly. It would idle but would not rev correctly it would bog and jerk. Then I had cleaned the carburator with carb and choke cleaner and it ran great for about a month and then started acting up again. We automatically thought okay clean the carb again but it did not work this time it will idle nicely but will not rev up. When you start it it revs high like it should for about 2 minutes but then bogs out. We have replaced the spark plug with a NGK spark plug and we have taken the rubber manifold off the head of the motor to check the o'ring gasket but it is in great shape. We have sprayed around the manifold with carb and choke and we cannot find any leaks. Please try to help me I could really use it.

Sincerely,
FrenchFamilyFabs

Old 03-28-2019, 03:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

You have somehow got this post in the Kawasaki section. Don't know the 160 but I would clean the carb again. I use compressed air, rather than solvents, fuel is a pretty good solvent, so my theory is you need pressure to shift the dirt. As it has a history, if cleaning does fix it, may be wise to fit an in line filter because you have dirt in the tank.