Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Hey Tecate people (or the cable savvy,Problem installing new throttle cable on my T-4....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As some of you know, I've had a problem w/throttle cable. The mechanic who installed my new stock size carb told me my cable was about an inch to an inch and a half too short and I was missing my last 1/8 throttle. Well I just got a new cable from Sprock and low and behold...THE NEW CABLE IS ABOUT AN INCH TO AN INCH AND A HALF LONGER. How about that. The guy was right. That's the good news.

Now the problem: After disconnecting the cable from the throttle case and the throttle valve I'm now stumped with a golden, grooved cylinder on the carb side of the old cable that I can't remove. I've pushed up, twisted, turned, pulled and everything else and can't get the damn thing off. And looking at the new cable in the same spot where this THING is on the old cable, I can't even see how it would come off. I DO need it, right?? I mean it seems like a governor of some sort and it screws into the curve rod that comes out of my old carb cap (which I'm using with the new carb)to keep the cable in place and fatsened to the carb. I looked at the new cap and it just has a hollow gold rod for the cable but I don't see how I can keep the cable still using it because I can't screw into it.

If haven't confused you, then you understand my predicament. So what's up with this crap?? what do I do?