Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

'02 Prairie 650 vs '03 Prairie 650

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 Prairie 650 vs '03 Prairie 650

I have put pics of the differences on my site. However you lost the fuel light which was more beneficial on the 02 than the belt light, was already there in the form of a flashing display on the 02 model. They changed the airhorns in the airbox, the airbox lid, the airfilter, the airbox itself is a little different, they are aztec red with bronze racks and wheels, come with hitch already on the quad, decals are different, come with the new generation or D belt as did 02s after complaints ( some people may argue this but the new belts had a D at the end of the part number which indicates some sort of change or maybe even a manufacturer change I dunno but I know the new one has lasted me a lot longer than the first). The 02 was Firecracker Red with Silver Racks as you already know and came without a hitch. Also the 03 sells for the MSRP and the 02 shoudl be discounted due to being overstock he has to pay for it being on the floor trust me there is no way they accidently sold you an 02 quad, they get free floor time for those things for a period if not then they must start paying Kawasaki for them. A1 = 01 and 02 Models and A2 and B2 = B3 = 03 Models from what I can tell from putting them together at the local shop...Hope this helps and btw the 02 will run with an 03 the tale that an 03 will outrun and 02 is just plain not true. If it were me I would be after more than a hitch if I wanted to keep it I would be after things like a winch and plow bumpers etc cause the price diff I think would warrant that drastic a demand. My opinion and hope it helps.

Old 11-07-2002, 08:48 AM
rty
Trailblazer

I met with the dealer to discuss the situation. Naturally, they said they were sorry and it was just an oversight (they are either lying or just incompetent). Anyway, they gave me a hitch and offered to sell me tires and a winch at dealer cost. I doubt I will be ever dealing with these clowns again. The dealership is Granbury Motorsports in Texas.
The good news is that the '02 runs and handles very nicely.

While I was at the dealership, I asked about the Mobil 424 fluid for the rear diff. They did not have any and their answer was to use KawaChem fluid. They said that is what came in it from the factory. Hmmm, if that is so, why does the manual specifically call for Mobil 424. I thought they were full of it and did not get it. By the way, this dealership sells Polaris, Suzuki and Kawasaki.

Old 11-07-2002, 09:00 AM
Range Rover

......#1 Get your papper work all together...#2 Call your local or county POLICE and meet them at the dealership...show the police the paper and pick up your 2003...a local dealer did a similer thing around here..(A friend of mine was the officer that was called for it)...the cop demanded a refund...and 'PROMPLY" got it....take it back........what the he*l.....does it cost a dealer to SELL something at wholesale...no loss to him...you have a machine thats already one year old...no miles or not ..its a year old.....tires at a discount ...Big deal...!! will the dealer give you 2003 trade in prices next time you want to trade it in....Verbal comments mean NOTHING..... Call the police & Take it Back and let us know how it went...