Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Modulator Box

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modulator Box

Rob, Hows the rock?
Scott got his from freedom cycle, 902-450-0020 ask for bernie he's the man since you are calling long distance. it is about 180. I'm going black magic because I hear it's too close. It's nice and works well I was shocked about a two weeks ago when I saw Blairs "red650" with the one his brother made. My brother booked the ferry for the last week in July for the rock this year and I will keep you posted so we can connect... details later, but I know we are going to Argent to Port. I don't think you can wait until then but if you want to buy it I can pick it up and hand deliver it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2003, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

scott the could the sensor for the display be off? I don't think red650 was any slower than me.. although his display was and I have bigger tires. I don't think you can switch this live could you?

Old 03-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

I've also heard from a reliable source that the Square C CDI will have the bottom end boost built in. I'm going to use the "acceleration module" for now, and when the CDI comes out, and I can afford it, I'll get the CDI. I've got people that want to buy my old module already. For anyone that doesn't want the extra top end speed, the module works good. Oh yeah, I'm still going to hook a switch up so I can switch from the speed sensor to the frequency modulator, and back, on the fly.

Old 03-13-2003, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

Bernman, welcome to the forum![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2003, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

Nyroc has the info on his website, under tech tips, kawasaki, Prairie 650 - Performance module, in case anyone would rather look there than PM Novakaw650.

Old 03-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default Modulator Box

ive never herd of Square C. do they have a website does anyone know whos cdi will be out first diamond g's or Square C's

Old 03-13-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

NovaKaw650:
Thanks for the info. You say that the module effects low end only? To what speed is the performance gained? Would it help when dragging sport quads? I have the black spring now and was looking at a few cheap mods to aid in straight line accelleration...just to let the young fellows on the sport quads know who's boss! The beast already has more jam than anyone needs on the trail...but I want neck snapping accelleration! By the way our riding conditions this winter are awesome! The snow is like concrete as we have had colder than usual weather. You can go anywhere you point your quad... just floating over all the snow...it's amazing. Keep me posted on your plans for the summer rock ride. I would love to get some of my buddy's and meet you and your crew for a weekend ride. Argentia is not very far from me...so a quick tow out the highway and we are there. I work every second weekend, so tell me when you expect to be here and I will look at my schedule. Thanks again.

ROB

Old 03-13-2003, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default Modulator Box

to get a slitely faster take off. get the red primary spring. it engages at a higher rpm with no "creep in" so you get past that slite lag atthe low rpms the stock spring engages at. it willalso help alot if you are running bigger than stock tires

Old 03-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default Modulator Box

Guys, since this plugs into the speed sensor, will the 4WD still engage? Since I think that is what my problem is (have the Speed Sensor on order), I would want to make sure that all 4WD function is still there.

Old 03-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

You leave the KEBC and speed connected to the speed sensor, and just connect this module to the CDI.

Otherwise if you plugged it into the KEBC and speedo, the 4x4, KEBC, and speedo would all go haywire.

Quick Reply: Modulator Box