Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Modulator Box

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modulator Box

Nova,
It should be able to switch via a relay. All you need is a signal from the speed sensor set at the right speed to trigger a timer( 555 or 556) chip with its output attached to the coil side of the relay. A SSR ( solid state relay) would be more reliable than a coil/ mechanical relay. Most of this circuitry would require 5vdc and then whatever voltage it requires across the contacts of the relay. It should be able to all (except wires) fit into a pack of about 2-3" sq X .5" thick.

Does anyone know if the wiring diags are included in the Kawasaki manual? I haven't recieved mine from my dealer yet but should in the next day or so. If they are, I should be able to draw up a circuit to do the switching.

Old 03-14-2003, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

Tuner, I will be glad to help you test a module. I will send you a PM.

Old 03-14-2003, 04:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Modulator Box

Red650
I neeeeeeeeed one of yor new improved whosit thingys ( what are you gonna call them ? )any chance you will be making these for sale ?

Old 03-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

red keep me posted!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] we can start calling them the leap-frog or mouse traps LOL anyone esle have any ideas? Red650 is your waterproof?

Old 03-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Range Rover
Default Modulator Box

Hey guys, I spoke with Square P today and he told me to tell everyone that they are really hoping to have the new boxes in hand in about two weeks. He said his will do everything the modulator will do plus a lot more.

Old 03-15-2003, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

The modulator is nice and I do have one for testing but it only addresses 1/10 of the problem. Lets work on a revamped CDI from our computer GURU's so we can get a full range of benefits instead a little taste. What are we going to do, buy a little gizmo for the bottom end, another one for the mid range and maybe another one for the top end. lets get real here. If you are going to do it, go for the gusto none of this nickel and dime stuff. I am really tired of trying to get after-market companys to delve into our 650, all they want to do is wait till someone else puts it on the market to see if it will sell. Well this little modulator is just a taste and the person selling them for a premium is sitting back and laughing at us all !!!!

2Wolfeman and PBR have been very helpful with improvements that we can do ourselves not to mention risking legal ramifications in producing a cams, CDi, (that will be out hopefully in 2 weeks) other aftermarket goodies that are not deemed safe. I can bet soon as the CDI hits the public there will be a flood of copys that our elustrious computer gurus will emulate. Do you not find it interesting soon as there is money to be made there is an influx of wanna bees.

Lets all try to work together pass on what knowledge we have gained to one another for the betterment of our past time and to kick some Yammy butt.

Old 03-15-2003, 03:34 AM
Trailblazer
Default Modulator Box

Amen.

Old 03-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

I agree, everyone that bought the modulator will now be buying the CDI, I don't think there has been any smoke screens, with the posts I have read saying that the modulator will give more top end. From the start, it was posted as a low and midrange improvement and it is.

When the DIAM[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]ND G CDI comes out, you'll either buy one or be left behind. The CDI will give the same improvement in timing change up through the RPM range, it will give more RPM's and HP, more top speed, will have a higher rev limit than stock and it will be as simple as unplugging the stock CDI and plugging in the new one.

I'll be glad when it's out so we can be "kicking A$$ and taking Names!".

Ride safe.

Old 03-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

it will be as simple as unplugging the stock CDI and plugging in the new one.

Will the carbs need to be rejetted?

Old 03-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Modulator Box

92LT,

No, but you will have to run premium fuel.

Quick Reply: Modulator Box