Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force vs. Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force vs. Raptor

Hi gang, newbie here. I am very close to getting back into atv's. I have been out for about 4 years. I was at a local shop a few weeks ago, stumbled into the v-force and have been obsessed with the 700 ever since. My last ride was a honda foreman. Back then I was into really rough trail rides climbing and mud.....you know the deal. Where I live now, most guys have raptors and a few various utilties. I'm in honda and yamaha country. I have been talking with the gang about pros and cons of sports and utilities. They don't even know the v-force exists. I am pretty determined to buy one. They seem to think the raptor is the baddest, but noone near here has even seen the v-force. I think I will rock their world in a week or so! Does $6225 + tax sound fair? Two locals have given me this quote. The kawasaki 3.9% for 36 mths sounds tempting also. Anyone dragged with stock raptor yet? I am not even considering raptor.....just want to know how they compare head to head in drag race. I know from riding them that the v- force is a much better, higher quality machine.....thanks, Mark

Old 04-06-2003, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

BigCreek .... you will not be disapointed !

My friend has a modified Rappy in my garage. I have a 10 acre field that we play on
to practice for the trails.
Bottom line .... It is an even up race for about 500 feet or so. Thats right ... the winner
will be the one that did best in the first 50 feet or so... ( First one to wheelie too high, and
have to back off to set it down... loses.)
His bike is modified (pipe/jets/k&n/sprockets/widened 4") mine was stock.... but won't be by the
end of this week. !! ( I am also about 75lbs heavier than He is ......)

I love this quad. It is better than a stock Rappy in any way you want to measure it.

The price is right .... I paid $6203.00 plus tax here in Ohio three weeks ago.

check this out

KFX 700 on MX

Old 04-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer

I have a raptor and a Vforce. My modded raptor will beat the vforce in a drag slightly. I will be selling the raptor here in the near future if that tells you anything. The force is a much better sport quad in my opinion. I will be ordering the dual exhaust here quickly and adding NOS for some extra fun. Get the Vforce!

Old 04-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

If you still want to ride some of the rougher trails, the shaft drive V-Force would have the edge in ground clearance.

Old 04-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with V-Forcer, the 700 will beat any stock and keep up with a slightly modified raptor.
Not to mention the way better suspension and power output.Im still breaking mine in and i can tell that it is getting stornger and i just went trough the first tank and it is still getting stonger.I havent raced a raptor yet will post when i blow him away!!

Old 04-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to see one beat a ds650. (stock for stock) I dont think the winner would have a green quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Please, no flame wars......just looking for some info from v-force owners. I do have a sense of humor, but it is very annoying when web sites offer brand specific forums and people from boredom or lack of maturity start this stuff. You can predict it like the sunrise. I thought it would start, so I hesitated to even register [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Is this site like that?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Any results on stock vs. stock yet? Is this 500 ft. deal typical result? ........Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

I just got past my break in period, and went trail riding today with some buddy's. I have a new orange vforce, they both have new Raptors. We did two drags today, with all three of us in a line. They took me on both races, pretty good the fist time. The second time I got the holeshot for about the first 50 ft., but when they hit 5th gear I couldn't touch them. Kinda disappointed after all the "fastest stock quad talk". I thought it would be the other way around, don't get me wrong the vforce was awesome today, rode 67 miles, performed flawlessly. i love it. What would be the better investment dual exhaust or clutch kits for faster drag times. Thanks guys.

Old 04-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

My experence with My KFX against my best friends Rappy today ......

Situation:

Both machines have pipes/jets/air box mods now
My body weight is about 75 pounds more than his..
Grass field ... 100 yards of of side by side excelleration lane.

Results:

I get the lead the Rappy within 15 feet or so out of the hole, and open the lead up to about two
quad lengths at the 100 yard mark.
At the 100 yard mark I am still slowly opening the lead ..... then we have to get on the brakes or we chance
running into the neighbors house ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I don't know at what point he could start closing the gap and pass me ??? Tomorrow we will be at a riding area that will give us about 600 feet of track ..... I will know more tomorrow night.

We also did a series of runs with the stock tires from my P650 on the KFX. Thought was that the taller tire might reduce the tendency to wheelie .. and perhaps encrease the speed on the top end.
The result was ..... it still wheelies the same .... and didn't change the results against the Rappy at the
100 yard mark.

This machine is awsome. It is a perfect machine for me. It responded very very well to the mods.

Quick Reply: V-Force vs. Raptor