Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Props to Kawasaki...Good Job!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 01:02 AM
Default Props to Kawasaki...Good Job!

I had been away from quads for almost six years....(not by choice: mortgage,single dad...BILLS!) Remarried now plus my daughter is now old enough to ride(Raptor 80). I had always been ridden manual clutch quads/bikes and was skeptical at first about purchasing the V-Force because of it's auto tranny.....Well all I gotta say is good job Kawi...what a product. Many of my friends ride as well and the razzing was getting out-o-control; once they rode it they were sold. I must admit it is a new feeling to me as well(still catchin' my left foot "ghost shiftin" J.K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Aside from giving Kawi props we ALL need to give ourselves props....never realized how lucky I was when I had past bikes,Quads,OKIE mini-bikes..I really don't care what type of bike anyone has as long as they "have" one they all kick a$$ in one way or another. So dang happy to ride again!!!!

Old 05-08-2003, 01:47 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was exactly the same way about the P650. I thought what a waste giving that great engine a rubber band tranny.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Then I rode one and was instantly addicted, and had to start figuring out how I was going to come up the money to acquire one.

Peope should not knock a v -force or P650's tranny until they try it for themself. I am still not 100% sold on the auto, but its way better than I ever thought it could be.

Old 05-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

Its always great to get out ripping. Even on a Scott 50cc mini bike!!!

I cannot believe the knee jerk reaction some people have to the CVT. Snowmobiles with 150-250 hp have been running CVT's since..for ever!!!

If CVT's can handle a turbo sled cranking 220 HP at the TRACK, not crank, I am sure 50-60-70 hp on a quad will be a breeze[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Funny thing: that "ghost shifting". I did it for about 6 months! I am finally broken of that "old" habit of movin' my left foot a lot! LOL

Old 05-08-2003, 04:30 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

You otta try going back and forth from the KFX700 and the KFX400. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Two days ago, I was out running my Wife's New Z250 across the feild, and I almost CRASHED. I did OK with 1st and 2nd, but when I went to hit 3rd, for some reason, I tried to pull in the Clutch, which as you know, on a Centrifugal Clutch quad, just happens to be the BRAKE LEVER. Luckily, I kept it on all fours.

The hard part is that out of 4 different quads, we have 3 different types of Tranies, making it dificult for a Simpleton like me to keep Sh*t straight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]