Kids Quads & Other ATV's - Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Chinese made ATV. mywifesquad, LT80, LynnEdwards and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Coolster ATV bad gear shift indicator?

Old 03-22-2017, 02:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolster ATV bad gear shift indicator?

My son has a coolster atv (and I do not recommend them-all I have done is work on it!)and I believe the 5 pin gear shift indicator is bad. Both indicator lights work and the atv clearly goes into neutral, however I believe the indicator sensor is bad. Reverse lights up, neutral does not. The atv has a safety feature where it does not start unless it's in neutral. With the sensor not working it does not complete that circuit and let the atv start. I took the sensor off, took pictures and sent them to a parts dealer. I have purchased 2 different sensors and the connectors are just different enough that it is not making a connection. With the new sensors neither the reverse or neutral indicator lights up, with the old sensor the reverse indicator will light up. Is there a way to bypass this so that he can start it and ride it? I have scoured the internet and called several parts dealer and cannot find the exact part that came off the atv.
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-22-2017, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol i have the same fourhwheeler in pieces in my garage I would just go buy a new wire harness ive found them for 50 save you time.

Search this Thread