Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Asian Quads...what's the straight skinny??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asian Quads...what's the straight skinny??

I am new to this forum but have found your advice and information extremely useful in researching mini quads.
I would like to know some answers if there are any yet, about the asian quads on the market.
From what I can research it seems there a few different types of these quads, those that have two stroke engines built by one company (SMC?) for most all different brands....and then those that have four stroke engines that are either actual Japanese motors or pretty darn good copies of them.
It's the four strokes that I would like to get some info on.
I have noticed that there are some quads out there with Yamaha lookalike engines and carbon copy frames to the Champ 100, Badger 80 and new Raptor 80. The frames are mostly identical, suspension the same, and motors look pretty much the same....the big question is...ARE THEY?? Are these atv's licensed from Yamaha for sale by other corporations or are they just extremely detailed copies of the originals?? Does anyone with some mechanical background know if the internal materials in the engine are quality time tested parts like the old Yammi and Honda fourstrokes or are they made to look like the old reliables and simply made from cheap metals and the like?
Specifically I would reference the Madami Firestar 80 and the Firestar 110. These are basically carbon copies of the Raptor 80 and a Raptor with a 107cc engine...both almost bolt for bolt identical to the Yammi powerplant.
Sorry for the long post but I would really love to hear some good feedback on this subject as I am wondering what these "Asian Copies" will do to the "Big Four" market and do these atv's offer greater value for the buck than their competition big brand, time tested machines??
Thanks in advance!

Old 10-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

??....lil' help..??

Old 11-07-2003, 01:26 PM
sam
Pro Rider

I know your looking for 4 stroke info. but since your looking for any info. ill give you my 2 cents. I (my son had now handed down to my doughter) have a Monsoon 90 ( bought at wal mart) its the 2 stroke yes but ive had it for three years and had very little go wrong, a few Ill list. chain replased twice, seat likes to pop off during jumping. goes really good. air box by front tire sucks, tire rubbed on air box needed replased. my son started riding at 4 as he got better with it he started jumping w/ it. it did good longs it wasnt to big. he broke the frame twice. rewelded and went riding again. needless to say my doughter is ezer on it.
I think there good machines as long as there not abused, I would by another, but it would half to be from a established dealer not wal mart! mail order parts is a pain!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
sam[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Range Rover

My Kazuma 50cc is an exact copy of a Honda 50cc (engine). The parts are interchangeable... And mine only cost $800....