Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Used Kasea

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Kasea

Greetings all;
I have the opportunity to purchase a used 50cc Kasea...Not yet sure of the year or model, but I think it might be a "Mighty Mite" if they make (or made this model in the past)...Any info as to pluses or minuses on this mini would be appreciated...Thanks in advance...DP

Old 11-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Range Rover
Default Used Kasea

If it's a Mighty Mite, I would probably pass unless it was an super deal and it was in great shape. I think that the parts for these are no longer made... although engine parts from others might swap, the plastic and seat and stuff like that may be unobtainable.

Bryce

Old 11-02-2003, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Used Kasea

Thanks for the reply...Anyone else out there have any input???...I know there's some very knowledgeable people out there that know these Kasea's, and maybe they could shed some expert advice on this model...Cost would be around $500, and still not sure if this would be worth it...Thanks again...DP

Old 11-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Used Kasea

I would stay away from Kasea IMO they are junk. I would look at the LEM and there are many mods available. FYI the LEm dominates the ATVA GNC.

Old 11-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Used Kasea

I'm no expert on the Kasea but even the other site that I frequent which is heavily Kasea biased(in my opinion) don't seem to care much for the mighty mite.

Old 11-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Used Kasea

My son started riding at 4 years old on a 1985 Suzuki LT50. It is small compared to todays 50cc atv's, however it was the best size to learn on for safety reasons. The old Suzuki was useless in trails since it has no suspension and it was not very reliable to go on long rides. He is now 5 and he is riding a Kasea 50 (not the mini). After a lot of research this was rated a very safe and reliable atv. It is a size he can grow into and we can modify it for more speed. We have nothing but good luck with it. It is a 2001 I bought used for $900 and it was in brand new condition.
My question would be the age of the child riding. The interest they have in riding. Access to trails. Will they be riding with others or is it for around the yard.
If they are young (4) and looking to test the waters the atv your looking at might be worth a look. 50cc models are not common to find used. They are typically passed on to family, friends etc. I would not shell out $1800-$2200 for a new 50cc unless you know they are going to get use out of it. Short money up front is not a big gamble and more than likely you would get your money back on a mini 50cc for $500.
My freind just sold a 1986 LT50 like mine for $450.
My son really enjoyes to ride and his next atv will be a 90cc. I will buy this new. Why? This is the age where kids can really start riding hard and put some wear into an ATV. I would not feel comfortable buying a used one at that point.

Old 11-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Used Kasea

Thanks to all who replied...I think I'll keep looking until that super deal comes down the road...Thanks again...DP

Trending Topics

Old 11-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Used Kasea

For those of you who are not familiar with Peak Racing. He is agood guy and a class act. He will help you with anything you need. He is very helpful to people on another forum and his expertise here would be a great thing for this forum. Thanks Greg for stopping in here, and I am sorry for what is going on at the other. Anyone with a brain would ban Raptor from that site.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Used Kasea

I had an earlier response in this forum. I am no seasoned pro about ATV's due to I just started with my son. I appreciate the fact that Peak Performance is a respected source of information.
As stated earlier, I purchased my son a used 2001 Kasea 50 (no mini). I went on a few ATV magazines claiming it is a safe machine and reliable. The down side they said was it did not seem to have the speed of others in its class. However, I saw there were some things that could be done to speed it up. The size was nice and is something he could get more years out of. So far I have great luck with it.
My question is, did I miss something. Is it unsafe, and why? Or was it just the mini. What is considered to be the best in the class.
If the machine is good, which it seems to be, what are some low cost ways to speed it up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]