Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

2004 Polaris predator 50 problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 09:53 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2004 Polaris predator 50 problem!!!

Originally posted by: juiceman
How much do i owe you guys for the coaching and counseling session?? I personally have taken offense to the comments i have read!! Who gives you the right to question my parenting!!! You don't know me or my son!! We ride together as a family, we have full protective gear ,with full adult supervision , riding only in a wide open field!! I'm new to this atv forum, just looking for a way to fix my son's quad, and now I have to listen to this!!! Give me a break!! you can't be serious!! I grew up riding dirtbikes, snowmobiles,and (call the police) I own a Honda big red 3 whlr!! It sounds to me like you are in the wrong forum!! This is for atv's, not preachers!!

Sounds to me like your on board with 90% of us. Hope you don't let the other 10% discourage you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the support!! I haven't gotten it fixed yet!! I've been busy working, so I haven't had time!! I've checked all the fuel lines and the return line! I think I'll have to bite the bullet and bring it to a certified mechanic!!Hey, do you think that stuckin the mud guy got beat up alot as a kid or does he just ride an artic cat!! HA!HA! I want him to know, Massachusetts just passed a law for his type to LEGALLY get married in my state!! Like you said, enough of him, and lets hit the trails!!

Old 07-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

AMEN, Brother!!!

Old 07-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey juiceman,

I drive an Arctic Cat. Does that mean I'm allowed to vent, scream and quote laws in order to frighten everyone from ever owning a quad??? Then again, I think I've done that to a few times in the past on this forum. I guess it proves we are all human...

On the more serious side....

If you've tried everything and it still doesn't work properly, then it's time to bring it to a professional quad mechanics. Approx 2 weeks ago, I thought the Stator went in our '03 Pred-90. I traced every wire, double checked connections and still no spark. I took my Pred-90 to my local Honda dealer and they discovered it was an ignition coil. Of all the things to go, I would have never guessed this part. I know a professional mechanic is expensive but if you've tried everything you can think of, this would probably be your last option. Also, remember to apply electric grease to every wiring connection and plug you see. My mechanic told me that dry connection can cause shorts / spikes within the system. This will eventually blow something. For example, CDIs, Ignition Coils, Stators, etc. My mechanic recommends all brands & sizes of quads use electrical grease every 6 months (re: spring & fall end/end check). Well worth it within the long run...

Hope this helps as well...

Old 07-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Juiceman,
Give Billy Holt a call at WRHRACING. Get the # from www.wrhracing.com He can work alitle magic with those things[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

WHODAT,
My boy is 4 and you have no idea what his skill level is. Not all kids are like yours or anybody elses.
Don't be so quick to judge.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:45 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike I came REAL close to using Rocketman as an example but I didn't want to drag you into it. Thanks for the post! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

PS - You get an AMEN outta me juiceman! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2004, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Ok - lets back up and try not to get personal. juiceman - this is not about you - its about the subject.

I wish I were wrong and you folks were right. I'd even welcome being somewhat more wrong. Maybe because I'm wired to the accident and fatailty reports in conjuction with my youth atv safety training that I am becomming more or more alarmed at the number of children being injured.

Maybe when my buiddy comes down here and asks me to find a "off the record" doctor to patch up his 8 year old son who just bounced off a tree so that he doesnt loose custody of his kid - I get more than a little touchy about this age thing. I know the parents of 2 dead kids from atv wrecks in the last 9 months in my own county. The truth is - I don't know any other parents who have lost any childeren in the last 3 years who didn't loose them from a ATV or off-road accident.

How would you feel about it?

We all expect the police, doctors, judges, pilots, nurses, truck drivers, teachers, firemen, retailers and everyone else to follow the rules don't we? I mean if a cop gave you a ticket for something you didnt do - anyone would be outraged. If a doctor skipped known requirements for surgery - we would be terribly angry. Imagine a pilot who decided to fly where he wanted to rather then where he was told to. Or a preacher who had loose lips about a personal matter you talked with him about. Following the rules is what we expect from people.

Question - who expects these professional people to ignore the rules and do what they want? Do you want your family on a airplane that the pilot has a history of ignoring the rules and does whatever the hell he wants? Do you want your children riding with a idiot who lets his 10 year old drive the car with your kid in it?

Why then do we struggle with these minumum age regulations if we are expecting everyone else to follow the rules?

If Honda comes out with a flying machine that is shrunk down to Jr.s physical size - would you strap him in and see how far he gets? No.
If Polaris comes out with a 100mph mini quad - would you put your 5 year old on that? I think not.
Its all a matter of where on the graduated scale of risk you choose to buy into.

there may be 5 year olds that can make a machine dance on one tire in 360 degree circles. But when it falls on him that one time - and he pokes his eye out with the kick start peg- it doesnt make a darn bit of differnce how good he was any longer. And thats my point - little kids are getting injured and why is that?

Why?

I see the mini quads as being part of the problem. A big 4 year old might "fit" the mini quad - but should they really be on it?

The rules say no. The accident rates say no.

I recommend following the laws and regulations. You can choose differently of course. Its a free country - for the most part.

And its pretty lame to challange ones sexual orientation because you have a crummy position on a topic. Makes one wonder about why you go there.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

i know of 30 year old men who can hurt themselves just as easily as a little kid. If your kid is wearing good protective gear and has the skills to handle the machine then it shouldnt be anyone elses business to tell them not to. Quads are like anything else out there. They can be dangerous in the wrong hands. The rate your going i wouldnt expect your children to even own a bicycle because those can be just as dangerous and kill thousands of kids each year. Your not gaining any ground here with us.

Old 07-16-2004, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

Old 07-16-2004, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: stevendsm95gst
you guys who are giving this guy a hard time are a bunch of douche bags. Why dont you make a trip up here and see how well my 4 year old brother does on his lt80. Then when your done with that you can watch my 5 year old brother jump his modded predator 90. Im sorry that you happened to raised uncoordinated children who probably had problems learning to crawl. Those of us with 5 year old family members who dont drool and spit up on themselves anymore are going to let them have a little fun.
Perfect example!
a 4 year old on a lt80
a 5 year old on a 90

The ratonalization is - how well they handle and jump the machines.
Also used as justification - having fun, my children are uncoordinated and have learning problems, his siblings dont drool or spit up on themselves.

Now these are the good decision making criteria we want to know about!. Makes all that wasted time spent researching the issue seem pointless.

Maybe we could throw in "your mother wears combat boots"

LOL

Quick Reply: 2004 Polaris predator 50 problem!!!