ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kids Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/)
-   -   LT50 mods (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/181793-lt50-mods.html)

nicks3 11-29-2004 07:01 AM

LT50 mods

I have a Suzuki LT50 which my young son rides. I want to make it run a little harder without any major mods. If I remove the intake restrictor and put a cooler plug in and remove the 2nd pilot jet will I see much improvement and do I need to re jet?

Is it adviseable to dump the oil injector on a 1996 bike.

A couple of the forks have snapped on the clutch - would it make much improvement if i replace these or not?

Where can i purchase parts for the Lt50 on line?

Thanks for your help.

nicks3 11-29-2004 06:47 PM

LT50 mods

Doesn't seem like theres much advice around on the little lt50.

Ok, if I remove the intake restrictor will there be a benefit without having to re jet etc.

I read a thread somewhere about cutting part of the sleeve baffle but can't find it, can anyone point me in the right direction? This baffle looks VERY restrictive to me (theres a bullet hsaped pice which seems to fill virtually the whole wdth of the pipe!) but don't want to chop it and find I've done the wrong thing. I have already made the final exhaust hole larger.

Does anyone know what the round part is with 4 magnets inside which is located behing the pull start as mine only has 3 magnets and I want to find out if this is a problem or not.

Raptorlegs 11-29-2004 06:52 PM

LT50 mods

Originally posted by: nicks3
Does anyone know what the round part is with 4 magnets inside which is located behing the pull start as mine only has 3 magnets and I want to find out if this is a problem or not.

Not familiar with your engine, but the stator runs inside the magneto. Deal with coils inside the magnets? Part of your electrical system.

yellowrider250ex 11-29-2004 06:53 PM

LT50 mods

fmf makes a pipe.

sireland67 11-30-2004 02:16 AM

LT50 mods

Just done this last weekend on the kids 04 Kawasaki 50
Do this for increased performance:
Remove intake and exhaust restrictors.
Smooth the recessed cavity in the intake with JB weld. (use a 1/2" steel dowel or drill bit when adding epoxy).
Remove pilot jet.
Install # 65 main jet
Buy the FMF pipe it has a forest resistor do not modify the stock exhaust or you can be held liable for the outcome.
Mill .045 off the head.
Done all of the mods last week, I weigh 160 lbs and can ride wheelies up hill on this small bike, it really rocks with my 4 year old son on it.
Price all parts bought at local suzuki dealer:
FMF pipe $143
#65 main jet $2.50
Head gasket $3.50
J B weld $4.00
Exhaust gasket (does not come with new pipe) $5.00
Machine work (free) but any local shop should do it for under $30 if you told them it was for a kid.
Run high octane fuel 93+ with octane boost, havent removed the oil injectioin yet.
For a small cash outlay I can say it is worth every penny it even put a very big smile on my 10 and 11 year old daughters face, (moment priceless)
Do these mods and you will not regret spending the $200 it is cheaper than a new bike plus the one I modified was only 4 months old.

sireland67 11-30-2004 02:36 AM

LT50 mods

I just rembered that I raised the neddle one clip and drilled about 6 5/16 holes in the air box.
In addition of the obove mentioned mods.
good luck.

nicks3 11-30-2004 05:23 AM

LT50 mods

I don't really wnat to go too mad with the mods although I appreciate the advice. I really just wanted to know what the outcome would be if I removed the intake restrictor.......do i need to do more mods after that, which i dont really want to do.

In regard to the magnet part I just want to know if the missing magnet would effect the way the quad runs.

nicks3 11-30-2004 05:31 AM

LT50 mods

OK, found out what the mystery part is...its the rotor flywheel. It has 1 magnet missing but the bike seems to run Ok - will it run better with all 4 magnets in place?

bmanduley 04-28-2005 05:12 PM

LT50 mods

hi sireland67,
i sent you a pm.

ZANE 04-28-2005 06:03 PM

LT50 mods

I have an 03 LT 50 and I'm about to put a Graydon pipe on. If I replace the stock air filter and drill a couple holes in the cover, what size jet should I get? This is about as much as I want to do on the mods, nothing too big. Thanks in advance for any replies.