Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 150 MKII

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I paid about $1600 for my RFX 150 MKII and have mixed feelings about it. I ve dumped about another $300 into tires and am still not a 100% pleased with it. I ran into another problem today with the oil plug/bolt being torked on too tight and directly under the frame so I cant drain the oil cause the bolt is stuck. Iam finding too many problems , 1 major one is stability. so I cant recomend this to anyone right now without some modifications.

Old 03-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I hate to be the messenger of bad news! My sons MKII yesterday locked up and it will not go forward. it will go in reverse with no problem. I called RACEWAY ATV and it is supposed to be taken care of. I'll let ya know. My daughters MKII has been fine....of course my son rides more than her. For the money they are ok. I would suggest learning how to fabricate things to modify your toys. They are really not good for jumping hills and such.......only good to putt putt around trails.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

First post, hello all. I just bought the utility verion of the 150, sometimes called a Dingo. I've only had it two days but so far, I'm very impressed. When I went out to crank it cold today, it started immediately to a perfect idle as though it was already warm and the auto choke worked perfectly. I can put both kids on the rear racks and they love that. I do have an annoying rattle in the rear I need to track down. The rear muffler was touching one of the supports for the rear rack so I had to add some washers to the mounting bolt. I only paid about 1250 new here in Houston and that is about 200 more than I could have gotten the MKII for, so the earlier posted price seemed pretty high for the MKII, I guess some are marked up way more than others.

Also got a no name 50 for the kids. It's the same as the Redcat FX55. It's an awesome little 50 with full suspension in the front unlike some. It has the alarm, remote start, kill etc. It doesn't handle mud well though since the chain protector high centers real easily. O well less washing for me. Paid about 750 for this little guy.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I wanted to get the Dingo also but it looks soo damn ugly in the pics. How does it look in front of you? The racks look way too big for it.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I like the looks of the Dingo, at least in blue. When I first saw it in hunter green I didn't like it. To me it looks like a sport ATV with racks, kindof a hybrid look that no other ATV I have seen has. The older Dingo's didn't have the front racks, and they can be easily removed for a sportier look but you'd give up the front brush guard if you removed them. I don't think I'll use the front racks much, but haven't decided whether to remove them or not.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Also, the guy I bought from seemed very knowledgeable and he said the most important tip is not to submerge the engine in water. The CVT area has a vent tube towards the front that is supposed to be one way, but he said often water gets in there when submerged and damages the transmission.

Old 03-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

The Dingo looks like a stable quad for a Kazuma. Same engine as the 150 MKII. I kind of wish I had bought that model instead of the sport model.

Old 03-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

as mentioned my sons MKII 150 broke a gear and now my daughter has a broken shaft that holds the gear. I have been waiting two weeks for parts and still have not recieved them. Your call.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

Kazoooma,
I have two KMZ 150's and both had the same rattle. I spaced the muffler as you did and found the rattle was 'still there. I traced one of the rattles to the rear mono shock coil spring. At a certain rpm it will rattle against the shock. Sounds strange but if you hang off the bike while it is doing it you will see what I mean. I stuck a piece of rubber innertube in between the shock and coil spring and the rattle went away until the piece of rubber slipped out. When I get a chance I will pick up a coil spring compressor disassemble the mono shock and wrap the shock with a piece of innertube rubber and adheasive. The other place I found a rattle on one of the other atv was the primary clutch fins were grazing the primary cover. I just filled away some of the excess castings from the aluminum and it was fine.
Good luck

Old 03-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma 150 MKII

I found my rattle last night. Completely removed the rear rack and the rattle was gone. Put the rack back and rattle was back. Moved the washers on the upper rack supports from outside the joint to inside between the rack frame and the support and rattle was gone.

Quick Reply: Kazuma 150 MKII