Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

250cc roketa

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250cc roketa

I am having trouble starting my bike. When I try it will just click. So I have bought a new cylinoid that wasn't the problem so I bought a new starter and it still clicks so then I bought a new battery and it still just clicks. So I need some help?

Old 02-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 250cc roketa

Are you sure the click is coming from the starter solenoid?

Assuming that is a yes answer,

1) Turn on the ignition and turn on the headlights. Do the headlights light up?

2) Press the start button (and it goes "click"). While the solenoid is "clicked" do the headlight go out or do they stay lit up?

3) Get a voltmeter and measure the voltage right on the battery terminals while the start button is pushed and the solenoid is "clicked". By 'right on the battery terminals' I mean exactly that - not on the wire lug that bolts to the battery, but right on the lead battery terminals themselves (plus and minus). What is the voltage (while the solenoid is "clicked")?

4) Same conditions, measure the voltage on the starter motor positive terminal with respect to engine ground (while solenoid is clicked). What is the measured voltage?

5) When you are doing all this measuring while holding in the starter button, feel around and look for any connections that are getting warm.

6) Was the bike running OK before this problem showed up, or did something happen immediately prior to this starting problem?

Report back and we'll go from there.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default roketa

if this is the go kart, just to double check, move the key on the start switch slowly over, these roketa key starts have a bad habit of developing a dead zone on the key travel. sometimes it will engage the start before you are all the way over. other than that, check your wiring diagram, that should help you, i've got one if needed........

Old 01-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I need help with my buddys 2005 roketta 250cc. I took the carb off and cleaned the jets but when I put it back together it semed like it was not getting gas. So I thought I put the floats on upside down so I flipped them over and now I have gas coming out the overflow. Am I on the right track? I'm looking for a solution and guidance.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by azhuskyowner
I need help with my buddys 2005 roketta 250cc. I took the carb off and cleaned the jets but when I put it back together it semed like it was not getting gas. So I thought I put the floats on upside down so I flipped them over and now I have gas coming out the overflow. Am I on the right track? I'm looking for a solution and guidance.
I would go to youtube and start watching videos of others taking apart their motorcycle and ATV carburetors. They are all similar enough that you will learn a lot.

You could also just buy a new carburetor. One of the nice things about chinese quads is that parts are cheap and plentiful if you bought a quad with a generic and available everywhere engine.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was having Carb problems w my roketa 250.I did put the float in upside down and fuel was dumping out so I'd say u had it right the first time. If I remember right, the float has a flat side and a rounder bubbly side. The flat side goes down.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 250 cc Roketa atv Engine on racing go kart

Hi,
Im putting a Roketa 250 cc ATV engine on my racing go kart but I an having problems getting the engine to start when I hook the starter up to the solonoid and then to.the battery the solonoid.clicks.but' the starter doesnt turn over whats the problem?
Thanks

Old 10-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by Tkirsch
Hi,
Im putting a Roketa 250 cc ATV engine on my racing go kart but I an having problems getting the engine to start when I hook the starter up to the solonoid and then to.the battery the solonoid.clicks.but' the starter doesnt turn over whats the problem?
Thanks
Find the two screw posts on the solenoid. Make sure you're in neutral and the parking brake is set. Turn on the ignition. Short the two screw posts on the solenoid together using a screwdriver shank. Some sparking is normal.

Does the starter motor turn?

If not jump your little quad battery using jumper cables to your car battery (take *extra* care to get the polarity right - plus to plus and minus to minus).

Use the start button or jump across the solenoid again (still in neutral and brakes set). Does the starter motor turn now?

Old 10-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well what I'm actually trying to do is bypass the safety mechanisms (parking brake, neutral) and just make the engine run without hardly any wiring. Also is there any way to bypass the external ignition box?
Thanks again

Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Electrical Expert

Huh?

I'm totally confused. The solenoid goes click, and the starter doesn't turn (from your original post). This is *completely* different from bypassing safety interlocks (a bad idea in my opinion), or bypassing the "external ignition box" (whatever that means). Are you thinking you can run a quad without an ignition system? Again I don't know what you are asking...

Please don't jack us around .

What's the real story here? Do you have a wiring harness at all on the 250cc engine? I kind of suspect not, but I'm not sure anymore .

Come clean. Are you troubleshooting a "starter is not turning" problem, or a "I have no wiring harness" problem?

Quick Reply: 250cc roketa