ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kids Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/)
-   -   Linhai 260cc (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/205862-linhai-260cc.html)

Agincajun 06-03-2005 04:53 PM

Linhai 260cc

I am thinking of getting the Linhai 260cc at http://www.cypressautocenter.com/index.html.

Linhai Motorcycles is proud to introduce to the US market the "LH260' All Terrain Vehicle (ATV). The "LH260" 4-wheeled is a serious piece of machinery. As is the case with all Linhai products, the ATV is designed and produced to the highest performance and quality standards.

* A 260cc 4 stroke engine
* Water cooling system
* Long travel suspension
* Quadruple hydraulic disc brakes
* CVT automatic transmission with reverse and hi/lo range ratios
* Shaft drive
* CDI ignition

At the heart of the LH260 is a single cylinder 257 cc. water cooled motor which offers a smooth and torquey power delivery matched to a reliable automatic clutch and transmission which is well sealed against the elements to prevent slippage. This motor is easy to service, reliable and a proven long term performer.

The braking system is made up two brake discs on the front wheels and two brake discs on the rear wheels. Front and rear brakes are activated simultaneously by the handlebar mounted brake lever while a foot pedal located on the right floor operates the rear brakes only. A parking brake mechanism is also operated using a lock on the front brake lever.

Linhai Motorcycles and Cypress Auto Center has established an extensive stock of spare parts which are reasonably priced which ensures that maintaining your LINHAI 4 wheeler will be cost effective. The "LH260 ATV has a 12 month Limited warranty against defective workmanship.

Does any one here have one of these, or know someone who does?

Raptorlegs 06-07-2005 11:33 PM

Linhai 260cc

Originally posted by: Agincajun
I am thinking of getting the Linhai 260cc at http://www.cypressautocenter.com/index.html.

Linhai Motorcycles is proud to introduce to the US market the "LH260' All Terrain Vehicle (ATV). The "LH260" 4-wheeled is a serious piece of machinery. As is the case with all Linhai products, the ATV is designed and produced to the highest performance and quality standards.

* A 260cc 4 stroke engine
* Water cooling system
* Long travel suspension
* Quadruple hydraulic disc brakes
* CVT automatic transmission with reverse and hi/lo range ratios
* Shaft drive
* CDI ignition

At the heart of the LH260 is a single cylinder 257 cc. water cooled motor which offers a smooth and torquey power delivery matched to a reliable automatic clutch and transmission which is well sealed against the elements to prevent slippage. This motor is easy to service, reliable and a proven long term performer.

The braking system is made up two brake discs on the front wheels and two brake discs on the rear wheels. Front and rear brakes are activated simultaneously by the handlebar mounted brake lever while a foot pedal located on the right floor operates the rear brakes only. A parking brake mechanism is also operated using a lock on the front brake lever.

Linhai Motorcycles and Cypress Auto Center has established an extensive stock of spare parts which are reasonably priced which ensures that maintaining your LINHAI 4 wheeler will be cost effective. The "LH260 ATV has a 12 month Limited warranty against defective workmanship.

Does any one here have one of these, or know someone who does?

Know someone that does, and he swears by it. I also have a linhai-yamaha engine in my mini and have had very good luck. I can put you in touch with the guy if you pm me.

RedBaron01 06-25-2005 02:05 AM

Linhai 260cc

I have had one for about a year now, about 1000 miles on it, I can realy say it is junk and very unsafe for the road, front A-arms is the 1st thing you need to check, new ones on the show room floor have as much as 1/2 inch play in them, just rock the front tire back and forth with the brakes off. The braking system has failed 3 different times so far. Parking back holds for about 10 min then it will roll away on you. These are just the safety things. If you want a complete list of all the things that have gone bad on this machine let me know, I will send it to you. The dealer has had the machine for 10 weeks now and it is still not fixed. Awaiting parts. No problems with the engine so far.

daimon1054 06-25-2005 04:51 PM

Linhai 260cc

Well my dad ownes Cypress Auto Center and RedBaron01 is full of crap! I have ridden one for well over a year now and beaten the crap out of trying to break something and could not. There are some issues that I did not like, I don't like the rear brake placment on the floorboard but it works. Also the safety switches on the brakes went out in no time so I just bypassed them.
The front a-arme are the excat same as Polaris in fact I could unbolt them and bolt them on a Polaris, even the struts. The tires are awesome, IMO they are one of the best stock tires that I have tired.

Redbarron who did you by your's from? I know the USA importers and the factory guys in China and they have never heard of your problem! NEVER!!! As to play in the front in I think you are just trying to make crap up there! As to the brakes, there are 2 on the rear one for the foot and one for the hand, this is the best system that I have ever seen, you can get more stopping power than you can in any other system so again I think you are just starting crap.

I don't work for my dad I work in the oilfield but I do ride and have ridden and raced dirt bikes and ATV's for 33 years so I know a little about ATV's. Before he ordered the Linhai's he bought 2 and we beat on them for 3 months to see if it was worth selling. He orderd a container load and has sold allmost all of them and to date has not had 1 warrenty claim!

RedBaron01 06-26-2005 12:44 AM

Linhai 260cc

No I am not trying to start any thing, just facts. Check your a-arms and see who is full of crap. And no warrenty claims, come on now. The best have them, LOL

Jeff1216 06-26-2005 11:08 AM

Linhai 260cc

I went to their website....I can find everything but the price of the 260

What do they cost?

daimon1054 06-26-2005 01:20 PM

Linhai 260cc

Originally posted by: RedBaron01
No I am not trying to start any thing, just facts. Check your a-arms and see who is full of crap. And no warrenty claims, come on now. The best have them, LOL
I have checked the a-arms many times and NO none have play in them! As to your 10 weeks in the shop what parts do you need?

daimon1054 06-26-2005 01:21 PM

Linhai 260cc

Originally posted by: Jeff1216
I went to their website....I can find everything but the price of the 260

What do they cost?

As said I don't work for him so I really don't know what he sells them for, but in all honesty I would not buy an ATV from so far away. Anything made can have problems and you do want someone who can help you if you need it.

jwsearcy2 04-22-2007 04:20 PM

Linhai 260cc

I purchased a Linhai 260 for a lady to ride because it was fully auto. First 2 times out it was great. I took it in for first service and I don't know what they have done but it has fouled out 9 spark plugs. It back fires when they start to go out and I have returned it 4 times already. We like the atv for alot of reasons but every time it is out now it fouls out plugs. This does not win the heart of my lady to ride with me as I love to do. I am considering trying to lemon this thing or asking for my Cash money back or maybe a new one as it was perfect the first two times? Does any one have any clue what to do?

idahojoe 03-05-2008 08:46 PM

Linhai 260cc

where can i get parts or my linhai 260, the transmission case is broke and I need a fe internal parts for the tranny. Any help ould be great!