Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

04-05 Yamaha Raptor 50

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04-05 Yamaha Raptor 50

Thanks a lot 1111. Got all the info I need. I have the service manual on CD so I am going to look into it from there. Thanks again!

Old 01-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, that was another great mod. Anyone out there that has one of these needs to upgrade the cdi box and cut the slider open. The quad that once was getting lapped by e-tons will now be passing them no problem. My son thought it was a little too fast but now he doesn't go full throttle. It's there if he needs it!! Sweet upgrades that doesn't take long to do at all. Chili3, you are right about cutting the lever in the thump throttle. The slider wasn't all the way open until I did that. I went from loathing Yamaha to loving them. Recommended to all owners! Thanks for the great info 1111....

Old 01-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Range Rover

great to hear your loving your yamaha. im sorry you ever had to think your got a snail i knew before i bught my sons fifty of every thing were talking about except! cuting the cable throw connector. i looked at it and sure enough chili33 is right but i tell you what this thing with every thing i did to it is moving really good at half throttle gonna go real fast know that it truly gets full throttle

Old 01-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

1111, Do you know how to bypass the brake sensor so that you dont need it in to start in gear? It is a pain in the neck to hold that in start it and give it gas. My son just dosen't have the hands to do all that at once without actually setting the brake first....

Old 01-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Range Rover

nope aint done that the only thing i wa thinking was puting a foot shifter on instead of the handle put some nerf bars and a foot shifter that would make it easy

Old 01-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Range Rover

well first, thanks guys for all the info on the 50.

i did the slide cut and throdel stop this weekend. what a huge diffrence that made![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

i started thinking about the cdi. if i take the cdi off the 80, wouldnt that work??
so i looked around some more.
found a guy that did it, (nov.'04) he changed the cdi and wireloom from an 80 and said it doubled the speed of the 50!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

any one have any info on this mod

Old 01-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Never heard of that but if you have the cdi, do it and let us know of the results. I bought the procom cdi box (e-bay) What a difference that thing made. The 50 cc motor is reving all the way out now. I was riding this past weekend with my son and when he gives it all she's got I am reving up there in my second gear. It has to do 20 mphs and it has enough power for the sand. I took it for a ride and I had it on two wheels and I was able to spin the tires in the sand. I know this is quick now and my son doesn't go all out now where as before it was always hitting the rev limiter. Glad to see that you enjoyed the mod as well. Keep us posted on what you do with the CDI box. It is a must have purchase!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2006, 09:45 AM
MFR
Weekend Warrior

I just received my Procom CDI today. I will install after work. I would like to know more about the slide mod and how to do it exactly. a couple of pictures would be nice.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

MFR
in terms of cutting the slide valve in the carb one go to rivamotorsports.com there you will find exploded drawings just so you have an idea any wasy it easy get the carb out and apart and you will see the slide is basicly to long so yo have to shorten it so take off the top of the carb were the throttle cable came in took the slide droped in then back it out until its flush in the carb chamber now you have a section of the slide valve sticking out of the top of carb were you took of the plate for the throttle cable mark it and then cut it right acrosss take the top right off. the metal is pretty hard dont put it in a vice you might crush it out of round i held and used a dremel tool stell cut off whell put it all back to gether and you will see a really big grin on your kids face hey another really easy and cheap up grade is a k and n filter and jet kit i think the jet is like 18 bucks for that ride and the filter like 20 to 30 bucks thats helps it out to
i did this last weekend. it wasnt too hard. i cut about .300 off the top of the slide. i used a maketa grinder with a cutoff wheel.
i found this on another forum from last year:
#1 rejet carb (main jet 80. pilot jet 12.5 replace the slide with part# 2HX-14112-35-00 also need to replace main nozzle to part# 2HX-14141-78-00. Ok carb done let move on.remove the two screw on throttle housing, you will see a gold bracket you need to replace with part# 36B-2625H-00. NOW YOU HAVE FULL THROTTLE!
i'm cheep i just ground and cut!!
i'm going to do this next the clutch:
if you want to see it run like a bat aout of hell take 8 out of the 12 roller ***** in the tranny lighting it and make the top end higher to get it to grab lots of power
hopefuly before this weekend, going riding sat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Take the carb off (two phiilps) keep the throttle cable hooked up. Disconnect and shut off the line. Now looking in the carb, Press the throttle and look at the slider inside. You will see it is opening half way. There are four screws that hold the throttle cable in. Unscrew those and the cable, pull up the cover and mark the slider on the bottom . Take it out slowely, take a dremil tool and lightley cut a circle (dont cut the cable) and clean it off good. Put it back in. Only slides in one way, replace the cover.

Now take the four screws off the thumb throttle. Press the throttle open and look at the slider in the carb. It still only opens half way. Cut the inside of the side of the lever on the set-screw side, so the thumb opens up all the way. Look at the slider to make sure it opens all the way, install it, and test it out.

Quick Reply: 04-05 Yamaha Raptor 50