ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kids Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/)
-   -   Just bought a new redcat vx-200 (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/222752-just-bought-new-redcat-vx-200-a.html)

djs7795 11-19-2005 08:49 PM

Just bought a new redcat vx-200

Well raceway was out of stock so i found a "local" (about an 1 1/2 hours away) shop that carried redcats. He had a few vx-150 on the floor and said he can get a vx-200 in a week or two but his price was great 1650.00 to his store! He is a car parts store but has been in business for like 21 years and has been selling redcats for a few years now. He has parts in stock and seems pretty nice. He even let me take a 150 out for a spin to see if the size of the bike was o.k. It was and i ordered the 200...I CANT WAIT TO GET IT! I will let you all know my opinion of it as soon as it comes in.

Viper4579 11-20-2005 06:19 AM

He lied Redcat hasnt been around that long. MOst dealers have been with redcat about 5 years. the VX 200 is a good deal but i would think he could do better on the price. I have seen then around $1500

codyormoe 11-20-2005 10:13 AM

Originally posted by: Viper4579
He lied Redcat hasnt been around that long. MOst dealers have been with redcat about 5 years. the VX 200 is a good deal but i would think he could do better on the price. I have seen then around $1500
If you read what he said..........the parts store has been in business for 21 years...........they've been selling the Redcats for a couple years.

Buying from an established business is a good idea, the customer service will be there if you need it. Paying a little extra for that peace of mind is usually worth it in the end. Let us know how it works out for you.

djs7795 11-20-2005 02:30 PM

Thank you...As viper said the store been in business for 21 years he been selling redcats for 3 or 4 years.. I' have seen a bms atv witch seems to be the same with different badges for 1485.00, but i wasnt sure if it was really the same as a redcat. So the cheapest recat i've found was motoxatv.com for 1650.00 shipped so i showed my local shop (Schwab's) the website and he said no prob ill give it to you for 1650.00 shipped to his store, Motox was going to ship to my door for 1650.00 but Scwab's is close enough to pick it up and he will be there for warranty issues so i dont have to worry as much about buying from mailorder. So i will keep every posted on my experiences with the shop and the quad. I checked out he 150's he had on the floor and the quality of the bike looked pretty good. I checked out the frame welds and the a-arms looked clean, The susspension on it was very soft and comfortable feeling and it is adjustable. The brakes seemed to work really good, Better than my buddies yamaha blaster, So i cant wait for my 200.

WhoDatInDaMud 11-20-2005 11:45 PM

As a former dealer in Redcat products my advise would be to hold onto your money and RUN! After my first shipment of the Redcat Trail 90 minibikes I wouldnt sell one of those to my mother of all battle axes ex-wife. One word - Junk. An absolutely perfect example of Chinese cheap copy crappola. But thats just my opinion. I didn't sell the last two units. Because I didn't want to even give them away knowing that they were going to be a pain in the back side for whoever got them and even for free I wouldn't feel comfortable about sticking anyone with the headaches of repairing that junk. Not safe, not quality, not dependable. Just a cheap reproduction. I have no idea the quality of other manufactures products - but these RedCat units were not worth the cost to have them shipped here. None lasted a customer 6 months before being DOA and I had to change two engines out - right out of the crates. Now parts are not available - none. Again - Run....

FWIW

djs7795 11-21-2005 12:34 AM

well a quess that advise allthough appreciated is alittle late, as i have allready purchased it. I had posted a couple of questions about redcats and other chinese quads, and got very little or no response. The only major probs seemed to be setup related and my dealer has some parts in stock and "says" he gets them easily. He also said redcats has gone through it's "growing pains" but seems to have gotton "quite good". Anyway whats bought is bought and all i can do is give my experiences and my opinions of it to this forum for others to learn from. I HOPE IT IS O.K.!

Propertymaint 11-21-2005 08:16 AM

Good deal djs7795, I paid a little more thru Raceway but I am comfortable dealing with him. Good to see you found a local dealer with parts. Take your time with the initial set up and you should be fine. I think you'll see Redcat has come a long way since their first round of products. Sure you'll need to make a few modifications as you see fit to your riding habits but it sounds like you should have no problem with this, it is a decent unit to work with. Best of luck.

cl440 11-24-2005 12:54 PM

Is the redact 200 the atv with the manual (not clutchless) 5 speed trans?

djs7795 11-24-2005 02:32 PM

it has a clutch and 4 forward plus reverse gear

djs7795 12-01-2005 02:22 PM

Well im still waiting for my vx-200 but have been looking at alot of websites and info about the vx-200 and other 200cc water cooled quads. I have noticed one major difference. Find some good shots of the rear shock from the side and look at the angle that they attach to the frame at. The yamoto and bms seem to be almost straight (90 degrees) but the redcat seems to be at a much less angle (maybe 50 degrees). Check it out guys if you have some time let me know what you think.