Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

kazuma falcon 110....oppps??? (yes, the oil question)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma falcon 110....oppps??? (yes, the oil question)

so, here i am, thinking i've done most things reasonably well with the kids' falcon. i managed to put the machine together, loc-tited all the nuts, changed the shipping oil at the get-go, changed the oil again after about five hours....THEN i start to read about 'energy conserving' oil. of course, this is EXACTLY the oil (10w30) that i've used in the kazuma.

but wait, it gets better !! with the last oil change, i made sure the fill cap was on 'extra' tight and ended up with a silver piece of plastic in my hand and, thankfully, the black plug firmly in the engine. the replacement part is on the way from RACEWAY. the machine probably has 15 hours on it with the energy conserving oil.

as it see it, my options are as follows (in descending order of preference from a kid's perspective):

1. run the machine as normal until the new plug comes in, then promptly change the oil to non energy conserving;

2. go at the black plug still in the engine with vise grips, hoping it comes out without too much mangling, and replace the oil now. with luck, the plug will still be usable, but if not....no, let's not think about that; or,

3. hide the keys until the new part arrives.

what's the consenus?????

Old 01-09-2006, 04:17 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default kazuma falcon 110....oppps??? (yes, the oil question)

Originally posted by: reconner
so, here i am, thinking i've done most things reasonably well with the kids' falcon. i managed to put the machine together, loc-tited all the nuts, changed the shipping oil at the get-go, changed the oil again after about five hours....THEN i start to read about 'energy conserving' oil. of course, this is EXACTLY the oil (10w30) that i've used in the kazuma.

but wait, it gets better !! with the last oil change, i made sure the fill cap was on 'extra' tight and ended up with a silver piece of plastic in my hand and, thankfully, the black plug firmly in the engine. the replacement part is on the way from RACEWAY. the machine probably has 15 hours on it with the energy conserving oil.

as it see it, my options are as follows (in descending order of preference from a kid's perspective):

1. run the machine as normal until the new plug comes in, then promptly change the oil to non energy conserving;

2. go at the black plug still in the engine with vise grips, hoping it comes out without too much mangling, and replace the oil now. with luck, the plug will still be usable, but if not....no, let's not think about that; or,

3. hide the keys until the new part arrives.

what's the consenus?????
I wouldnt be to worried about using "energy conserving oil" I know that it is bad for clutches but I think it affects high Horse power machines most. I run energy conserving oil in my mini trail, xr75 and my xr200. All have had zero problems as a result. And I run it in my wifes yamoto 150 too, but it doesnt have a auto clutch.