Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

gonna buy the larger falcon 110

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gonna buy the larger falcon 110

My daughter just turned 11 and weights between 50-60lbs. so i am hopeing this will last her a while but not be to big to start with either. im going with this one because of the rear disc brake and size as well. I thought i read someplace that with the new 06 models they are bit wider can anyone confirm this? Raceway has the best deal and from what i have read they have great customer service. I appreciate everyones thoughts

Thanks
Travis

Old 07-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

Are you refering to the Falcon Deluxe 110? I just bought it for my daughter (8 yrs) about 2 weeks ago. It's a little big for her, but we keep her slow and fully supervise all her riding. It's pretty stable in 2nd gear and at the lower range 3rd. But wide open its a bit of a handfull (being a little top heavy). It's big enough that me and my wife have been enjoying it as much as my daughter. I seriously considered buying another one, but went with a Dingo for myself. Weve put quite a bit of time on it in the last 2 weeks and have had zero problems with it (just minor adjustments). I do not hesitate to recommend it (if bought from Raceway).

Rear suspension is pretty stiff and it's a bit top heavy. I am going to get wheel spacers. But I'm completely satisfied with it.

Be aware that it is a beginners quad and I don't think it would satisfy an experienced/aggresive rider.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Range Rover

yea she is a beginner for sure. if you get those spacers soon could you reply with experiences. I have tossed around the idea of changing tires to something flatter and wider for the rear. can the front tires be swaped sideways to give a bit more stability up front?

oh and yes the deluxe is the one i am considering.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

No you can't flip them, the valve stems will get into the break lines. Flatter and wider tires will definately help. I'm going to get the spacers from Raceway. John said yesterday that they were out of them and to check back in 2 or three weeks. But I'll post a message when I do get them. I'm confident that they will make it much better.

My Falcons tires came shipped way overinflated. Bleeding them down to 10 psi has help smooth the ride a bit, but its still top heavy. I may even bleed them a little more. Also I highly recommend aligning the front wheels. Mine were toed in a bit and adjusting that made it a lot more stable. I simply used a tape measure to get the two fronts roughly aligned and that did wonders for it.

As much as I love the Falcon, you might consider that a full set of spacers (the good kind) are gonna set you back $240, You'll now be in the price range of the Jetmoto-125 or even the 150. Folks have been saying this is a nice quad. Doesn't really need wheel spacers, and has good suspension. Just a thought.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I would recommend the Jetmoto 125 over the 110.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Range Rover

would the jetmoto 125 be a little big for a beginner? does it have a speed limiter on it? the raceway site doesnt say.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

Don't know about throttle limiter. One of the reasons we bought the Falcon was the throttle limiter. Turns out, we never use it. My daughter never rides unsupervised so we just have rules about speed. I guess if I could do it over, I would get the Jetmoto, but I'm still very impressed and satisfied with the Falcon. If your daughter will mind you and you intend to supervise at all times, then I think the Jetmoto would be o.k. My daughter (8 yrs old) was able to drive my buddies big Polaris Utility without help, She could even reach the foot break. And that thing is wayyyy bigger than the Jetmoto. (Me sitting right behind her of course). If she will be riding without supervision, maybe a little less performance would be a good thing.

It would also be worthwhile to check the local laws. I understand that some places have pretty strict ones pertaining to allowed engine size for a given age. Maybe there are some fellow Oregonians that could chime in on that.

Trending Topics

Old 08-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Range Rover

well i think i have settle for the Jetmoto 110 version. i think this will work out great for my daughter who is 11. I hope to get it ordered in the next day or two. its also a bit cheaper then the falcon 90 as well

Old 08-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

kemicalburns,

Do you have any Chinese Dealers near you? If you do, take your daughter down and have her sit on a few quads. My daughter is also 11 years old, 5'2" and is a casual rider. She will ride fast if she has to, but mainly she likes to take it easy and just cruise. She is riding a 150 similar to the Jetmoto 150. My daughter likes the quad a lot and has had a good time on it. One of the main things she liked was the fact that she did not have to shift. The CVT trans made it a little easier for her to learn to ride and maneuver the quad. The 150 has served it's purpose and she is now gearing up for her new Honda TRX 250, that she will be getting it in the next month or two. I think the 150 would be a good place to start over the 125. At least your daughter will have some growing room. The worst thing to do is buy a quad that your daughter will out grow either in skill or size in just a few months. Look at 2manytoys pics, pic 11 has his 8 year old son on the Jetmoto 150. You might be able to compare his son's size with your daughters. One more thing to think about is that the Jetmoto's from 110,125,150, 200 are almost the same size give or take a 1/2 inch to an 1" in size. I have seen the 125 and 200 side by side and there was barely any difference in size.

2manytoys Pics

Also, even if you take your daughter to a local dealer, remember that you don't have to buy from them. Make sure you buy from where you want. The trip to the local dealer is just to measure your daughter.

Good Luck,

SB.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Range Rover

there is no chinese dealers here locally but i think GI Joes sells some similare quads now so i will do that. the jetmoto bikes require shifting i thought. does the 150 model not require shifting? i agree i dont want her to outgrow to fast but at the same time i would rather her master the bike for awhile making an upgrade more practicle in a few years. also i have an 18mnth old son and figure that a 110 would work for him once he is 6-7yrs old. anything bigger might sit till he gets bigger ya know. but all your points are good

Thanks
Travis

Quick Reply: gonna buy the larger falcon 110