Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Ever hear of Ricardo Motors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever hear of Ricardo Motors?

Aloha All,
I'm an old rider from back in the day but just got back into riding recently. I bought an old quadsport for myself and an import quad for my boy. I've the searched the net and have been trying to get some information on my son's ATV.

The local dealer I got it from says its a Ricardo Motor's ATV. I emailed the company and they really couldn't give me much information on the ATV. It's supposedly a Honda clone engine.

I wanted to know the lug pattern to get some aftermarket rims and tires for it but the local shop and Ricardo Motors could not tell me.

The plate says RM-150ST, its a shaft drive, 4 up/ rev. down 150cc with 4 lug rims and electric start only. Anybody know anything about this quad? It has a Yamoto looking brush bar up front. How do I measure the lugs to get the bolt pattern?

ATV picture

BTW that's not the son who's getting the quad!

TIA,
uplandhawaii

Old 07-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like the Yamoto brand quad. It even has a Y in the front bumper. Also looks like old design because it has the single a arm up front. I have a Yamoto 110 that looks exactly the same.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah that's what I thought but the specs are different. The older Yamoto was chain drive this is a shaft drive. The plate says mfg. date is 11/2005.

Would you know the bolt pattern?

TIA
upland

Old 07-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

After measuring the rims I came up with 4X85mm up front and 4X100mm in back, can anyone verify my numbers?

Old 07-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anybody else with info?

Old 08-01-2006, 02:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum uplandhawaii! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have loked at the pic and it looks like a Yamoto to me also. If I remember right '04 Yamoto 110's were shaft driven. Do you have any other pics of the quad?

Old 08-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the welcome!
Yes I have pics of the engine which I found out was a Zongshen 150cc. I'm told its a Honda clone, probably of the earlier 125-200cc bikes.

We've torqued all the bolts again, changed the oil and have been taking it easy on the quad. I've noticed it'll lose the idle and die out after riding for 15-20 minutes. Its almost like it floods out. I have to put the choke on full and crank her a few times for it to run and then I have to run it with the choke on for bit. Is this normal for these imports?

When it runs it runs well but I'm afraid to have my son and I go on long rides in case his quad dies and we can't get it to start or tow it back. Any thought s on the problem?

Here's some pics.
Rm-150

other side

engine

Old 08-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nobody can confirm the lug pattern? I want to buy some new rims ASAP!
TIA,
upland

Old 08-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

If you lookup wheel spacers for the hondas it will prolly list it......they should be measured from center out to center of lug( I believe).... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I measured and I'm sure its a Honda pattern but it seems if I'm just a couple of mm off then I'm stuck with rims I can't use. I'm concerned more of the front than the rear. The rear I was able to get a good measurement on, but the front, I'm not so certain. Its 85mm or 87mm.
I know the Honda TRX 125 will fit if its 4/85mm but like I said I'm not 100% sure of that number.

Okay I also found that Suzuki quad runner A500 uses a 4/90mm , I'm sure I'm not that off I'll go pull the wheel and measure the lugs, should've done that the first time![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help!
upland

Quick Reply: Ever hear of Ricardo Motors?