Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Predator 90 PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator 90 PLEASE HELP

I have 2 2003 predator 90's.....One will run great the other will not start and I have switched every electrical part I could and checked everything I could think of and the machine still will not fire at all.....All comments welcomed

Old 04-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I take it that it has no spark?

Old 04-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Does it not even turn over or will it turn over but no start?

Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

I beleive that the 90's were famous for the stators going bad.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

BIG THANX for your thoughts on fixin problem.....Luckily I had 2 quads to work on and finally found issue after 2 days...I tried swiching every electronic from bike that got fire and the one that would not...I double checked cut off switch or tether and it didnt help...but at last just checking I unpluged harness for tether cord and looped wires together and boom there it was the whole time..Thanks again for everyones info

Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys,

I am new here and I have a a 06 blue phoenix 200, and I also got a black 04 predator 90 and red 05 limited edition dale erndhart predator 90 and also a trailboss 330 my dad rides. The trailboss hasn't been riden in a while, but the predators are riden all the time by my younger brother and cusins when they come over, but all of asudden a couple weeks ago as my brother was riding the 04 predator it stalled out on him. He started it back up and it started fine, went to hit the throttle and nothing, the thing crapped out. I came over and checked to make sure it had gas, the ggas switch was on the choke was off and all that good stuff. I decided mabe the carb wasnt gettin enough air so I put the choke on a little and that did the trick, but when I shut it off the thing crapped out again. The same excact thing happedned to the 05, but I threw it in neutral, reved it up a little with the choke on, shut the choke off threw it in gear and it worked fine. I am not sure if theres something in the carb or not or if it could be the fuel, but I dont feel like spending a ton of money in labor for some guy just to say it was something simple I coulda fixed. So sorry this post is so long but if someone could give me some advice that would be greatly appreciated,

Jim

Old 04-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: billyboys
BIG THANX for your thoughts on fixin problem.....Luckily I had 2 quads to work on and finally found issue after 2 days...I tried swiching every electronic from bike that got fire and the one that would not...I double checked cut off switch or tether and it didnt help...but at last just checking I unpluged harness for tether cord and looped wires together and boom there it was the whole time..Thanks again for everyones info
Have a 700cc Katerra dirt bike with the same problems - the cap interior has worn down and and doesn't keep the button pushed in unless it's on just right.

Trending Topics

Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Phoenix200

I have a 98 suzuki lt80 witch did something similer. It sat all winter with out draining fuel and no stabilizer in fuel. the bike would only run with choke on and that only lasted for a week or so.I took lower half of carb off and cleaned main jet and cleaned carb out with carb cleaner .. but it didnt help machine...after many posts on this web site a guy told me to clean out pilot jet witch i had never touched ....so i cleaned pilot jet and bang it runs like a brand new machine....

I am no mechanic but I am some what knowledgable to atv and cycle engines ...so let me know everything its doing and I will try my best to help

Old 04-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Trailblazer

ill try this thank you,

Jim

Old 04-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Phoenix200:: Something is floating <G> in the float bowl and blocking a jet.
A good carb cleaning should fix ya right up.

Quick Reply: Predator 90 PLEASE HELP